Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Cycling (164)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

System Up?

Well, started fishless cycling a small indoor system . Using hydroton  as the biofilter, lots of airstones. Added 1ml ammonia / day untill…

Started by Ian Cameron

1 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

PH Fluctation

To all the Boffins out there I need serious Help!!!! Equipment: 1x1000 lt IBC F/T 1x250 lt Clarifier 1 x250 Bio Filter 1x500 lt Sump 6 raft…

Started by Colin Fisher

2 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Nate Storey

Type of system..

If I was planning to go into a commercial size aquaponics, would a flood bed or an auto siphon better? I was thinking about a 18000 gallon…

Started by Jason valera

19 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by joe

A Complete Cycle - With Pond Water Assist

I am fishless cycling my indoor 100 liter aquarium with a 100 liters of media. I have heard in this forum that pond water will assist the p…

Started by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

27 Jan 24, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Cleaning out fish prior to harvesting

If the water in your clean out tank is circulating threw grow beds, unique to the clean out tank, does it stil work, will the fish stil get…

Started by Michael Quinones

1 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Is kelp sea weed organic fertilizer ok to use?

We have been unable to find Seasol or Maxicrop without buying it offline, so we visited our local hydroponic store and found Marinis Kelp S…

Started by ALLISON DUHAIME

0 Jan 12, 2012

New at aquaponics and looking for advice

Hello All,   We have a self sustained bass pond and a large adjacent area for produce growing.  What is the best way to utilize the natural…

Started by traci marin

1 Dec 21, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Indoor AP smell

So I've setup a new AP system in my apartment been running it for about 2 weeks now and now I've run into a small delima. With my experienc…

Started by Hugo

7 Dec 18, 2011
Reply by Stephen Poulton

Ready for Fish?

I did my weekly A.N.N. dye test for ammonia, nitrate, nitrite. Photo of the test results posted here: http://tinyurl.com/p1anB-ann. As a no…

Started by Bill Moore

4 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Bill Moore

Beware when purchasing Electronic PH tester

4 months ago  I bought a electronic ph tester & was informed that it is calibrated by the factory.This tester cost in the region of $15…

Started by Colin Fisher

6 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by Francois Lemmer

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service