Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Water coloration and Mosqutio eggs.

Hi AP folks, here 2 question, i run a NFT system. Facts: Fish tank is IBC, Biofilter (filled with: bottom - Bio balls, then 3 layers of fil…

Started by BenHehle Beamz

11 Sep 15, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Chlorine filter uses copper in the media.... will this be okay?

My husband picked up a shower filter for me to put inline with the hose so I don't have to fill buckets for offgassing every day. When I lo…

Started by Rachel

6 Sep 1, 2011
Reply by Miguel Afonso

Minimum temp for bacteria growth

Hi All, I remember reading somewhere that there was an optimal temperature for the bacteria in the system, and that below a certain tempera…

Started by Paul Braun

2 Aug 29, 2011
Reply by Paul Braun

adjusting the PH

Hello fellow fish huggers. My well water is at 8.0 . Has anybody use a acid they recommend for lower the PH. My system hasnt been run yet a…

Started by David Waite

43 Aug 28, 2011
Reply by halemart

Swirl filter tea

Time to bounce another idea off people here.  I run a swirl filter in my research system that is cleaned regularly, and the run-off filtere…

Started by Kobus Jooste

7 Aug 21, 2011
Reply by Kobus Jooste

Stinky Water

Has anyone had a problem with stinky water? Like S T I N K Y.   The gravel grow bed is forming string algae and where the water contacts fr…

Started by Gary Collins

13 Aug 7, 2011
Reply by Gary Collins

Water specs on the rise...need some opinions.

Hi, I have a mixed media system that's been up and running for about 2 or 3 months now.  The system is powered by a fish tank of about 375…

Started by Josh

5 Aug 3, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Nitrification and Alkalinity

For those of you who enjoy reading scientific papers, you might find this paper of interest EFFECT OF ALKALINITY TYPE AND CONCENTRATION ON…

Started by Terri Mikkola

4 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Terri Mikkola

Reverse Osmosis

I've posted this question in a couple forums, I'm looking for more input.  What about reverse osmosis.  It would be at least a $200 investm…

Started by Lonny Harper

9 Jul 18, 2011
Reply by Paul Westberg

Need some ideas for why a drop in pH?

I noticed this morning during a regular water test that my pH is somewhere between 6 and 6.2...color charts never quite match what's in the…

Started by Ricky Flickenger

4 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service