Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'raft' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Best varieties of lettuce?

What are the best varieties of lettuce for a raft bed this time of year? I'm about to finish a 288 sq. ft. raft and I want to plant the rig…

Started by Josiah Sherman

2 Oct 5, 2016
Reply by Josiah Sherman

Huge Deficiencies in Large AP system

I have something not right in my large raft AP system. All plants appear to have deficiencies. Need HELP!! Any suggestions.

Started by Mathew Slattery

7 May 17, 2015
Reply by Randal Duren

DWC Raft Beds - Are there local sellers on the east coast

Hello, I'm about to purchase around 200 4X6 raft beds but the only dealer I know is Beaver plastics in California. I'm surprised I couldn'…

Started by Paul Phillip Meyer

4 Aug 14, 2014
Reply by Paul Phillip Meyer

What to use for a raft?

I live in the Caribbean and we must import all of our materials from the US. i am currently in the midst of pricing out a commercial aquapo…

Started by Mathew Slattery

1 Nov 20, 2013
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

Custom DIY systems made from wood palettes and liner

I've been working for the past month to design a bunch of CHOP2 systems that use cheap and readily available materials, but that also look…

Started by Averan

0 Jul 18, 2013

Water amounts for raft

hello! the hubby and I are setting up a 2 rafts that are 4x16 ft. (later in summer we will add on if the first two go well). We have never…

Started by Chelsea Brannan

8 May 1, 2013
Reply by Chelsea Brannan

painting raft foam

Hi everybody! Is there a specific type of paint that some of you have used for painting the foam that is used in the raft systems. I've als…

Started by Chelsea Brannan

0 Apr 30, 2013

Adding in freshwater prawn (aka shrimp) in a raft system

My 84-year-old father (who currently is raising about 9000 tilapia) asked me the other day what I thought about raising freshwater prawn. …

Started by Chalkbrd

3 Mar 17, 2013
Reply by estevan chaparro

My first system: Raft converted to Chop Charcoal Media Bed

Hey Gang!  Thought I'd share my setup with you.  It's not pretty but it works.  I chose to enter aquaponics to keep my water change bill do…

Started by Paul Letby

90 Feb 25, 2013
Reply by Jon Parr

Plants for Floating Raft System

Hi all, What plants, other than lettuce, will grow on a floating raft system? Thanks, EcoOwl

Started by Eco Owl

7 Feb 12, 2013
Reply by Jon Parr

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service