Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plant Topics (424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dwarf Cavendish Banana Tree

So I want to dedicate one grow bed in the back to the Banana Tree. My kid eats at least one banana a day if not two! As I was just about to…

Started by Jeff Hess

4 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by Jeff Hess

Can we grow portabella mushrooms in AP

I know its not a plant, just wondering if they would grow and if they might have an adverse effect on the rest of the system.   I have a da…

Started by Wayne

3 May 31, 2011
Reply by Wayne

Plant Problem

Hi there,   I am new to aquaponic but really enjoying it. Not sure to post it here or not as i have been facing some problem with my plants…

Started by Teh Teong Chian

13 May 25, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Tomato Potato?

Ran across this. I'm going to buy some to try out. http://www.lookatvietnam.com/2010/01/local-engineer-produces-2-in-1-tomato-potato-plant.…

Started by Chi Ma

4 May 21, 2011
Reply by David Waite

Cuttings in AP

Hey Y'all, I recently got started into AP after about 2 years of research on the topic.  Right now, Im about 3 weeks into my first system w…

Started by Josh

3 May 18, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Experimenting with sand as a medium - flooding cycle

I have decided to experiment with course silica sand as a medium, and am wondering about the flooding cycle.  I first wanted to flood for 1…

Started by Kobus Jooste

9 May 15, 2011
Reply by Kobus Jooste

Plant Problem

Hey guys.. I have a indoor system that doesn't get any 'special' ventilation, all i have is a small fan running towards it.. it just sits…

Started by adam.francis

8 May 4, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

What's Hiding in Our Food?

I couldn't find a direct link to it online, but page 22 of the June 2011 issue of I.D. Magazine has an interesting story about some of the…

Started by B. Pearcy

3 Apr 25, 2011
Reply by Chris McMahon

Sugar cane

I was wonder has anyone tried growing sugar cane or believe sugar cane can be grown using aquaponics?

Started by Stevie Martens

4 Apr 18, 2011
Reply by Kobus Jooste

Excess amounts of nitrates in plants?

I am a member on a permaculture forum. The topic of high amounts of nitrates and plants are not as nutritional to eat. This is the first I…

Started by steven baxter

1 Apr 14, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service