Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

We're now to a size where we are attractive to these spam bots that want to place links in here.  In order to block them I have a captcha in place in the application process, and I read every application (and reject about half of them) but I'm thinking we can do more.  Someone has suggested to me that we should put a logic question in the application process, like "what is one and one?".  But we might as well have some fun with this, right?  So I was thinking of "how do fish move through the water?"  But does anyone have any better ideas?

Views: 1061

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Randy - not really a tool in here to do that unfortunately

@ Brent...perhaps you really are that irresistible!  LOL.  Please pass along any info on your suitor, no matter how charming!

@ BOB...LMAOROTF!

Sylvia. How about a question regarding "humonia"? Too bad all this energy has to go into these scum bags :)

Wow, seriously? That makes me mad...sorry that happened to you.

Brent Goins said:

I would welcome some protection...I just signed up and received a sex solicitation.  I hear that I am irresistible, but I just want to grow and play with my food!  How about a question about pH...how many times more acidic is a pH of 6 than a pH of 7?  Too hard probably, but the answer can be easily found and it gives a small amount about chemistry, which is important to understand in the quest for aquaponic success!

Yes, I wish that I saved it instead of deleting so I could post it for you.  I will post to you if I get another.  Thanks for this site and I hope I can contribute something useful in the future!

Alex Veidel said:

Wow, seriously? That makes me mad...sorry that happened to you.

Brent Goins said:

I would welcome some protection...I just signed up and received a sex solicitation.  I hear that I am irresistible, but I just want to grow and play with my food!  How about a question about pH...how many times more acidic is a pH of 6 than a pH of 7?  Too hard probably, but the answer can be easily found and it gives a small amount about chemistry, which is important to understand in the quest for aquaponic success!

Yeah. Forward that sex solicitation to me. Maybe I'll get lucky...

How about "How many Bersteins does it take to catch a spammer?"
Got it. " name a growing medium." or would that have too many answers?

I'm thinking of going with "Name a part of a fish" and seeing what that does...ANYONE ought to be able to handle that, right?  I'll let this thread know how it goes after a few days...

How about "What does AP stand for" or something of that ilk? Anything related to AP like your first sug. above. Most sites do just this so it must be helping. You can even suggest the answer as I don't think the bots can put 2 & 2 together. Keep in mind that newbies don't know these terms most of the time so KISS.

You don't have time

Jon Parr said:

Looking Good Sylvia, That should help.

You got that right! Not the time, the money, or the luck...

Jim Fisk said:

You don't have time

Jon Parr said:

I just watched that movie again after like 20 years!  It's a classic.

It's just a flesh wound!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service