Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'water' (55)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What do You use to adjust your pH?

I'm curious as to what people use to adjust the pH levels in their aquaponics systems?

Started by Katie D

48 Nov 18, 2017
Reply by Murray Hallam

Orthodon microlepidotus Sacramento Blackfish

Hello All ! I am in Northern California and am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Sacramento Blackfish in an AP system? Thanks!

Started by Matt Sandoval

13 May 25, 2017
Reply by Jim Smoot

Tank leaked

Hi everyone, I am new here so I'll give a run down on my system. I have 60 gallon "homemade" tank. I have lettuce and a tomatoe plant, 2 ja…

Started by Timothy

7 Nov 13, 2016
Reply by Jeff S

AP with Kokanee salmon in Colorado Mountains

This topic really intrigues me ads I live at 8,500ft where temps hardly ever exceed 80 degrees. I have more of a problem keeping growing be…

Started by Bernie Diesen

0 May 2, 2016

Azolla for stagnant water & disease control

Hi, I am from Chennai, India and we have a flood situation right now here, and there are stagnant water everywhere and lot of health issue…

Started by shrini

0 Dec 7, 2015

water heating advise

Hello, I have built a system that I believe contains about 600 gal of water.  My grow bed contains 3 tons of gravel and is 4*16' and a dwc…

Started by StevedNETN

3 Nov 18, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

Can I Use Reverse Osmosis Filter Waste Water -- that's been through a water softener?

I live in NW Iowa where the water is really hard at 38-40gpg. The pH is 7.5 and TDS is 500ppm mainly from calcium. (CH=800+ppm, KH=250+ppm.…

Started by Dan Knauss

3 Oct 16, 2015
Reply by Jim Fisk

Is there a comprehensive chart that lists the "normal" range for the different water tests.

I am ready to start the cycling of my system. The system currently consists of two 4' x 8' grow beds in a flood and drain configuration (fu…

Started by Don Cole

20 Aug 14, 2015
Reply by David Marland

Question regarding the safety of sodium thiosulfate to dechlorinate water

Hello everyone, I haven't posted anything in months, as was waiting out winter here in Seattle and there was nothing really happening in my…

Started by Ricky Flickenger

24 Jun 7, 2015
Reply by Hank Paloci

Adjusting water flow into grow beds and bell siphons

I have slowly been cycling my system since last October. I have a total of 5 grow beds but added them one at a time. Now that they are all…

Started by Deborah M Espie

45 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Zach

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service