Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'tilapia' (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

sexing tilapias

Identifing tilapia for reproduction Hi Everyone, I have 15 tilapias and just separated 3 to a new aquarium with the purpose of reproductio…

Started by Pablo

2 Aug 13, 2014
Reply by Pam DeLong

Tilapia trouble

Hello All! I have had issues with my tilapia over the past 2-3 months. They just keep dying. They look healthy and the next day yet an othe…

Started by tom landschoot

4 Aug 9, 2014
Reply by Jim Joy

40,000 liter DWC in The Bahamas (run by a newbie)

Hey everyone,  I'm new to the forum here and wanted to introduce both myself and the system I've been managing for the last 4 months or so.…

Started by Adam Dusen

12 Aug 3, 2014
Reply by Jim Fisk

Tilapia Breeding @ lower pHs

Aloha Everyone! May I please get some input on this matter?  We have had our aquaponics systems for about 2 years now.  1  - 600 gl Fish Ta…

Started by Wayne Tajiri

2 May 19, 2014
Reply by Wayne Tajiri

Blue Gill vs. Tilapia

How long does it take Blue Gill to reach "plate" size. I am considering BG or Tilapia or Channel Cats as my first fish. I have some goldfis…

Started by Robert McClellan

5 Mar 17, 2014
Reply by Scott Roberts

Breeding Tipaia

I am trying to start a breeding colony of blue tilapia.  I have my larger fish in a 200 gallon ibc tote and they are fine in there.  I got…

Started by Chris Griggs

16 Feb 14, 2014
Reply by Chris Griggs

Greetings from Taipei

Hello there! I've been doing aquaponics for almost a year and got a small 45-liter balcony system with koi, and a larger 1200-liter system…

Started by John Lysfjord

0 Jan 30, 2014

where to purchase tilapia in Tampa, FL

I have a small system that sits indoors. It is a flood and drain with about 30 gallons in it (it can probably hold an additional 10 gal) an…

Started by Robert

5 Jan 23, 2014
Reply by Robert

Tilapia in un-cycled aquariums

Hi All, I had 15 female Tilapia in 1 tank and 5 males in another with automatic fish feeders on them. I couldn't go and see the fish for 5…

Started by Cengiz BAYAZIT

3 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Feed Training of Baby Tilapia

I am training my baby tilapias to eat homemade dough balls so when they are grown they can be caught with a fishing pole with a hook throug…

Started by Conrad Chin-Yee

3 Jul 2, 2013
Reply by Conrad Chin-Yee

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service