Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'pH' (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Well Water Quality

Hey community peoples. So, I'm finding all sorts of fun new information about my water quality and I could use a little help. I just need s…

Started by Alex Veidel

1 Feb 7, 2014
Reply by Glenn

Acidity Buffer

I'm familiar with using eggshells or seashell grit to buffer your system against a gradual increase in acidity, but I'm wondering, are ther…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Introducing fish and pH

My system has cycled and my pH has stabilized around 6.8-7.  I just picked up 15 tilapia ranging in size from 1.5"-6" and prior to adding t…

Started by Suzanne Hayes

1 Nov 18, 2013
Reply by Steve R

pH testing with Bromothymol Blue - Quantities?

Good day all, I'm trying to figure out what ratio I should add Bromothymol blue : water to test pH... 2drops Blue : 2ml water?... or more w…

Started by Braam Moolman

2 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by Robert J

pH testing with Bromothymol Blue - Quantities?

Good day all, I'm trying to figure out what ratio I should add Bromothymol blue : water to test pH... 2drops Blue : 2ml water?... or more w…

Started by Braam Moolman

0 Nov 1, 2013

Plant leaves looking very deficient and peppers will not set fruit!!

This part of my system has been running about 7 months and was doing fine. We have entered the hottest and most humid time of the year and…

Started by Mathew Slattery

4 Sep 5, 2013
Reply by George

Used basalt as media without washing and cannot get pH below 7.8

I have just set up a flood and drain system and I recently decided to try basalt 3/4" gravel for my media as I can purchase it localy and i…

Started by Mathew Slattery

2 Jun 22, 2013
Reply by Mathew Slattery

Trouble Shooting

Hello All, I'm new to aquaponics and a teacher. I have a small, flood-drain system for my classroom - 70 gallon growbed, 50 gallon tank. I…

Started by Paul Sommers

6 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

The Dreaded Pythium

This past week I noticed a few spider mites in my all hydroton/mineral salts hydro system. Caught 'em early, sprayed with the usual 3-5% oi…

Started by Vlad Jovanovic

24 Jun 8, 2013
Reply by TCLynx

Plant Growth and System Cycling

These pictures are from a system that I am cycling. The water's pH is 8.2-8.5. The seedlings are less than two weeks old and have received…

Started by Vlad Jovanovic

8 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service