Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'new' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New raft system, San antonio, TX

Hi, my name is Brandon and I recently setup a 300 gallon ibc tote, 8ft7inx6ft9inx20in deep growbed utilizing polystyrene foam for flotation…

Started by Brandon Messenger

0 Aug 19, 2013

Pumping into the bottom of the fish tank

Has anyone ever tried to pump water into the bottom of their fish tank in order to cut down on the height they have to pump? I was thinking…

Started by Jason Finn

8 Aug 14, 2013
Reply by Ki Pi

First Time "Cycling"

Hello, I am new to AP as well as this site. I have my system set up and tested. I have everything except for seeds and fish. I need to "cy…

Started by m4gaujan

7 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by m4gaujan

Potassium as a water softener...ok?

Hi guys, I've finally cycled up my new AP system. I'm on a well out here in Montana, USA and have extremely hard water. We have dogs and ho…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

1 Dec 18, 2012
Reply by Glenn Davis

Hi from Kenduskeag, Maine

I have been looking into various ways to have 4-season crops.  Trying to heat conventional green houses with oil or electric can be cost pr…

Started by Kathryn Cope

1 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Kathryn Cope

My System for now

I have been up and running for a few months now and it is doing well.  I have a 125 gallon fish pond, 50 gal flood tank, and 6 18 gal grow…

Started by deepblu505

10 Oct 5, 2012
Reply by George

Starting my new basement system, would love feedback...

So, I am in the early stages of starting my new basement system, I needed a reason to cleanup my basement and paint the walls, Aquaponics p…

Started by John Leschorn

6 Jul 16, 2012
Reply by Jon Parr

If you were starting you first system today, having the knowledge and experience you have now how large would it be?

I figure this would be an interesting topic to learn, as I with NO experience am begining the task of setting up my first system.   I'm pla…

Started by Patrick

5 Mar 11, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

House Plants for an aquaponics system

I saw a question about this on here awhile back, and can't find it again to answer, so I though I would start a forum about my experience s…

Started by Ricky Flickenger

2 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Ricky Flickenger

My experimental 10 gallon aquaponics tank - shooting for eventual organic indoor gardening

So I started this tank about a month ago.  I have a ton of experience with fish tanks and with houseplants (though this is my first attempt…

Started by Ricky Flickenger

10 Oct 23, 2010
Reply by Ricky Flickenger

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service