Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

pump size

I have a small set  up using a 10 gallon tank with a lift of roughly 24 inches.....will a 75 gph pump get it done to be able to get flow to…

Started by Zach

0 Feb 21, 2015

AquaBuffer pH Stabilizing Kit Help

I am trying to grasp how to correctly use the AquaBuffer pH Stabilzing Kit but something just isn't clicking for me.  Currently my pH is ri…

Started by John Brock

2 Feb 18, 2015
Reply by John Brock

water levels

Hey everyone,  If I was trying to maximize grow area, and minimize FT area, would I be wrong in assuming you can calculate water volumes by…

Started by Bob Siedel

0 Feb 18, 2015

green slimy stuff

Hi, Does any one know what the green slimy stuff in the growbeds and in the pipes is all about? is it algae?  is it good or bad for the sys…

Started by Moe

3 Feb 17, 2015
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Grey cloudy stuff in my tank.

So, my housings on the small boy filter that I have cracked when it froze here a while back. It took a couple of weeks to get them here to…

Started by Kym Roberts-Hardesty

1 Feb 17, 2015
Reply by Kym Roberts-Hardesty

High pH to lower pH

Hey folks, my home water supply is registering 8.2 - 8.4 and has been for years. I have been looking around for a supply with a lower pH an…

Started by Ian Cameron

1 Feb 15, 2015
Reply by George

Cycling without test kit

I currently a small home system. Currently,I am in the late days of fish-less cycling. In my area, it is extremely difficult to find a test…

Started by Egyhome

5 Feb 12, 2015
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Sump Tank Size

Sump Tank Size.   Hi , I will have a 892 gl fish tank. 3 grow beds that are 4x8, and 3 at 4x4. What size sump tank w/chop 2 system. A 1/3 h…

Started by David Jones

9 Jan 27, 2015
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Raising ph level

Hey guys, new here and to aquaponics, but have a question on ph. I recently had to install taller media guard to my siphon and, of course,…

Started by Bill Edmonds

4 Jan 24, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

ratio of media bed/ vertical growth to sump tanks

Hi there, I am making some final decisions related to starting a small backyard aquaponic business. I have taken a couple classes but am un…

Started by Nancy Johnson

1 Jan 9, 2015
Reply by Nancy Johnson

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service