Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Chloramine removal?

Chloramine is in the tap water in my county. It was said that it cannot be removed by letting the water sit, like with chlorine. What would…

Started by steven baxter

37 Feb 1, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Reducing Alkalinity on a batch basis

I have seen a few posts of people having problems in using their well water because of high pH as the result of very high alkalinity.  One…

Started by David R. Russell

9 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Quality of water

I just started a small AP garden about two weeks ago, and the water has turned dark green.  I think it is because of algae.  How can I cont…

Started by Juan Carlos Narbon

6 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Diane Reilly

Nitrite readings

I'm having some trouble interpreting the nitrite readings. Here's a picture of this morning's reading...

Started by Jim S.

12 Jan 25, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

question between media filter ratio

sorry some things i have trouble getting my head around so here it is : how do you determine the grow bed size to the water/fish ratio in d…

Started by Wil Miles

4 Jan 24, 2012
Reply by Wil Miles

Green algae turned to brown

I had a problem with green algae so I installed a new air pump... lots and lots of air. However, now it seems the green algae has turned b…

Started by Jim S.

1 Jan 24, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Wriggly things in my fish tank

I got these wriggly things in my tank are they ok to have with fish. (I haven't put my fish in even though it's been more then a month.

Started by Allen Jiang

7 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Allen Jiang

municipal water filter?

I am entertaining thoughts on building a more commercial setup in our city limits and I would have to use municipal water. My question is W…

Started by Steve Federwisch

6 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

adding water to system new way or no?(Dehumidifier

I have an older dehumidifier and my wife suggested i just let it run outside in the pond area and let it drain in to pond what if any probl…

Started by Wil Miles

10 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Very green water

I am just starting out with 2 - 1000 gallon tanks and 2 - 75" x 8" grow beds.  We got our fish Thursday and have not yet put the rafts in t…

Started by Benicia Bendele

14 Jan 23, 2012
Reply by Benicia Bendele

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service