Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Heavy Metal Removal

While not an issue in many contexts, it is can be an issue with our closed loop AP systems.   I just came across this article http://news.n

Started by Mike Creuzer

7 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by Teresa N Florida

HELP: How Deep Should The Water Be In A Raft Type System?

Hi Guys, New to aquaponics here :) Just want to ask if there is a minimum and maximum water depth in a Raft Type Aquaponics System. Or if…

Started by Kyle Sy

2 Mar 4, 2012
Reply by Kyle Sy

Well Water Quality

I'm building on ag property with a shallow well near by.  The people on this pump bathe in it but don't drink the water.  It's "ground wate…

Started by rick kennerly

20 Feb 27, 2012
Reply by rick kennerly

Suitable pH?

I'm preparing to set up my first AP system. I just tested the pH of our well water for the first time. This is the water we have in our hou…

Started by Louise

2 Feb 25, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Water help needede

I am setting up a new system (275 gal IBC). I have added city water and have had my pump gong for 2 days with it bubbling back into the tan…

Started by John Wroten

7 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by John Wroten

API Master High pH is Red

Hi, Can anybody tell me what pH this red color is supposed to mean? To me it doesn't look like it matches any of the squares on the test k…

Started by mattyG

9 Feb 18, 2012
Reply by Tom Parsons

Water - what is is supose to have level wise?

I have an 800 gallon system, my fish to plant ratio seems okay. When I first got started my water was clear, and then went cloudy and green…

Started by Mike Roe

3 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Primo Water

Has anyone ever used the 5 gal reusable bottles from Primo water for a system? They have a list of the process they use to filter on the we…

Started by Marc Bryan

4 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Marc Bryan

start up issues

I've got a small setup using 10gal Rubbermaid totes. 1 tote with pump, 2 with Bell syphons. Air stones in all 3 and down stream air inducti…

Started by Ian Cameron

5 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Additional filtration options

I want to build the basic system in this video, but I'm concerned about a lack of depth in the grow bed. I can purchase a 4 x 4 bed similar…

Started by Brian

2 Feb 4, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service