Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Cycling (164)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using Maxi crop with Iron and Worm Casting Tea for plants during fishless cycle.

So I have done alot of research about Using maxi crop with Iron and Worm Casting Tea for plants during fishless cycle. I have a few questio…

Started by Brandon nardoianni

13 Jul 27, 2012
Reply by Brandon nardoianni

Cycling

I'm a new member and a beginning aquapon.  I built a flood / drain system with a 300 gal fish tank and 150 gal total growbed with hydroton.…

Started by Wasil Khan

4 Jul 25, 2012
Reply by Wasil Khan

Flood and Drain Cycle Timing

Hello, I am a newbie setting up my first system and I had a cycling time question, I have a 100 gallon system and a large pump, my flood an…

Started by Mario

4 Jul 18, 2012
Reply by RupertofOZ

Advise on Local Seaweed extract all in one nutrient solution?

Hello again! Seeking advise on which local Seaweed extract product; available in my country is suitable for Aquaponics Systems, especially…

Started by Jameson Haw

1 Jul 3, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Speeding up cycling time

I've read that cycle time can be speeded up by placing a rock from a fish pond into the grow bed. I have a friend with a pond, but there ar…

Started by Dennis Jay

3 Jun 18, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

A little bit of a hiccup, what to do

Hey everyone, So i have started cycling 3/26, on 4/14 I had a hole in my bed and lost over 50% of my H2O after diluting it around 100%. The…

Started by Nick wesley

11 May 20, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Clarification of PH understanding.

Hi all, I'm brand new to AP and built a little micro system with a 20 gallon tank, some feeder gold fish and basic garden herbs to get my h…

Started by Patrick

35 May 17, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Urea / Amonia Find

When I was cycling my system I had a devil of a time trying to find Amonia.  I eventually got the system cycled but there was a lot of tria…

Started by Kirk Ellern

0 May 14, 2012

pH and cycling a new system

I wanted to start another discussion thread to keep from hijacking Patrick's "Clarification of pH" thread. :) I dosed 4 oz of ammonia yest…

Started by Bryan Acred

13 May 4, 2012
Reply by Bryan Acred

First Water Test Results ...

Decided to use my new API Freshwater Master Kit today on my no plant, no fish and no grow media 250 gallon system, to see exactly what the…

Started by Bob Vento

5 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Bryan Acred

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service