Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plumbing / Pumps (181)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ebb & Flow Rate and Regulation

I have a small indoor set-up with a 20 gallon aquarium.  My grow bed is fed by a pump from the fish tank.  It drains via a bell siphon into…

Started by Steve Werlin

3 Oct 2, 2012
Reply by RupertofOZ

Help! Need to identify this plumbing part for water tank, I have no clue picture here.

Hi, I picked up 2 1300 gallon tanks for a good deal.    One of them did not have the fittings complete on the tank.   So I need to either…

Started by halemart

7 Sep 15, 2012
Reply by Brad

PVC glue/cement safe or not?

So i just finished routing my pvc lines and did a test. It turned better than I expected. Does anyone know if standard pvc glue/cement is s…

Started by William Crain Jr.

7 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Kevin Gorham

Can anyone help to lower the water pump wattage ?

Hi  I am newbie in aquaponic. I just started 3 months ago. I love to see the plants are growing good. But what I didn't expect is the elec…

Started by Squall Leonheart

14 Sep 7, 2012
Reply by Kenji Snow

Multiple SLO's?

Has any one tried using multiple SLO's feeding a single line. I've noticed one or two spots in my 160 gallon IBC FT where I am getting a li…

Started by Tracy Langlinais

5 Aug 26, 2012
Reply by George

Bell siphon drain rate?

Hi, I'm assembling an aquaponics system using half-barrels and Affnan-style mini bell siphons (3/4" to 1-1/4" pipe).  I have read that each…

Started by Eric T

2 Aug 26, 2012
Reply by Eric T

PVC Plumbing

PVC is impacted by Ultra Violet. I Bury when practical, paint with protectant when exposed.

Started by Robert Rowe

2 Aug 2, 2012
Reply by Robert Rowe

Float switch?

I am trying to figure out how to utilize two thirty gallon fish tanks to work with my indoor bed. I think I came up with an idea but need y…

Started by Sue McL

6 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Sam

Recomendations on Piping, Ratio and Pump for my IBC Setup

I local company gave me 4 IBC tanks that were use to hold an FDA approve food grade liquid.  I have cleaned and cutted one of the tanks int…

Started by Raymond D. Lewis

1 Jul 29, 2012
Reply by Raymond D. Lewis

Help with the sizing of my system

Hello all i hope someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having figuring out the plumbing sizes of my system.  It is going to b…

Started by Brandon nardoianni

2 Jun 30, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service