Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fish diseases yuck!

Well I have my system up and cycled, plants are doing great very green and growing fast however I have noticed the last few days my fish (w…

Started by Zan Alford

6 May 19, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Are Koi good fish?

My little sister is getting married in about 2 months.  She wants a small pond with koi at the reception, and I have the honor of getting t…

Started by Rob C.

4 May 14, 2011
Reply by Johann

Garden Snails. YUM!

I just had some escargot the other night they were delicious. I have lots of trimmings from my garden that I toss in the compost heap. I th…

Started by Chi Ma

12 May 3, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Raising Rainbow Trout?

I am wondering about raising Rainbow Trout and am not finding much information.  From what I have gathered they need cold water, not g…

Started by Cai Robertson

8 May 3, 2011
Reply by Cai Robertson

My fish died

I was wondering if there are any Ideas how to balance my system without any expensive tests. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to afford a…

Started by Adam Shivers

104 Apr 29, 2011
Reply by Adam Shivers

what fish for beginner small tank ebb and flow systems

I'm recent to aquaponics, I have reserched the internet for months found the rules of thumb and different system styles and cycle times. Fr…

Started by Benjamin

12 Apr 5, 2011
Reply by Jonathan Farrand

Tilapia Articles

I ran across this link recently and wanted to pass it along for those that haven't seen it.  The possibilities for aquaculture and aquaponi…

Started by B. Pearcy

0 Apr 3, 2011

Talipia stop eating above 90

We're in dry season [Hot],  my water temp goes above 90 degrees in afternoon, fish not eating, other things have changed, but I think temp…

Started by Pete I

5 Apr 1, 2011
Reply by Nate Storey

what is a good starter fish?

i havent quite got my stuff together yet and was thinking about what kind of fish i want. this is going to be a first time doing something…

Started by richcoulterjr

9 Mar 25, 2011
Reply by Sylvia Bernstein

Blue versus nile tilapia (aureus vs. nilotica)

I've been doing some researching on the internet and can't really find any differences between the two varieties except that in the blue, t…

Started by Rachel

19 Mar 15, 2011
Reply by Kate Mink

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service