Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

As part of a growing movement to localize food systems and stimulate small-scale food production, SELC proposed that the State of California allow for the sale of certain homemade food products, namely: baked goods (but with no cream or meat fillings), jams and jellies, granola and other dry cereal, popcorn, waffle cones, nut mixes, chocolate covered non-perishables (such as nuts and dried fruit), roasted coffee, dried herbs, dried tea, dried fruit, honey and candy. You can read more about the bill that was just signed into law here.

Views: 375

Replies to This Discussion

I am not sure if this a good think or not. The idea I need a government to rule every facet of my life, including my god given right to be self governing, seems wrong to me. Do you really think because people paid the government a small fee they will run a business any better then before they paid them? Maybe the threat of inspection will make them do a better job?

I think the government is trying to MAKE things legal in law, that don't need laws, in order to collect fees and fines. I suppose I could be wrong but every "law" does have a fee/fine attached.

Before this was passed i needed a commercial kitchen to sell anything I made in California. Even if I just wanted to sell 1 cookie to someone. It's better then it was.

Right so they already took away you god given rights and then sell them back to you. What a deal.

It looks like farming and aquaculture are not even being considered. 

Well put!

Chris McMahon said:

Right so they already took away you god given rights and then sell them back to you. What a deal.

So how are you using this law in regards to AP? The law still says that all food must come from a "approved source"...

I think Gov Brown is heading in the right direction. More may come of it in the future.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service