Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I started messing around with tilapia 2006-2010

2010 - the end of july i had to take  my system down

i am currently trying to get a piece of property to set up a scaled system.

basickly i dont have a system that is running

but i want to share my last 4 years with aquaponics

with members.......

Views: 11463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi All
Well the trip to Pretoria turned out well…..we finished the installation before the deadline and that meant coming home a few days earlier.
A team of eight of us stripped out an old conveyer and installed a new system.
Working twelve hour per day and a good team …..
Always great to get done ahead of schedule  or as they say "isn't it great when a plan comes together" as there are so many little things that can go wrong and slow down a project.

Hi Francois,

Good work! Keep this in mind(Conveyor) for the "Francois Commercial Farm" to transport the Fish/Veggies to the waiting Trucks!

Hi All
I fiddled around for the weekend and started finishing of the last of my brickwork on Monday.
I cut the light/maintenance/axis holes yesterday and of course I broke the one corner of my side wall and had to rebuild it…… again 3rd time.
The cut with the grinder was not deep enough and trying to break out the inside piece…&^%#$$%&*
I cut the other 13 holes with a BIG angle grinder and I am happy with the results.
I have to finish all the inside of openings with plaster to give strength and look better.
Hi All
Today I finished of the last of the building and finishing of my two walls
I got lazy and left the rest of the plastering very rough finish...
I want to leave for 1 or 2 days and then paint the inside white

Hi Francois,

Lot of hard work!

Hi All
Did some paving with bricks and planted 6 poles for my raised fish tank and worm bed and dug my pump sump into place.

Did a few other things’ over the weekend, not all complete but I wanted to test and see if the rest of my system worked as planned.
So far so good……

i also changed the layout of the fish tank and my worm bed

these photos are taken from the two ends with my grow trays in place on top

from the other end

Hi All
Today I added all my wood supports down the sides and painted the inside.

inside finished

Hi All Today I washed/sterilized my grow trays half filled them with water and tested them for leaks I also did most of the piping. These are photos with all four of my trays in place and the piping.
Hi All
Today I finished of my woodwork for my top 2 grow trays. Using scrap pieces from a building site and cutting them into the sizes I needed...Saved a few rands.
Most of my piping has been done and I tested the system without the fish dam and worm filter.
I used a small pump and pumped the water from my pump sump (green 210 l plastic drum) into my grow trays on top and the water flowing out on the other side into my duckweed trays and back into my pump sump
And all looks good.
Now it is for my fish tank and growing media in my trays….
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service