Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'tilapia' (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Special Sexing Tank

Many people suggest watching behavior of tilapia in order to sex them. This however presents problems  of having the ability to observe beh…

Started by Conrad Chin-Yee

0 May 22, 2013

Tilapia in outdoor systems

Out of an abundance of enthusiasm I got a 250gal. IBC tote system set up in the backyard, planted a bunch of plants, and got it cycling wit…

Started by Marshall Smith

6 May 16, 2013
Reply by Nathan Harben

Fish Identification PLEASE!!

I need some Tilapia for my system but I cannot find it locally and do not really want to spend the money on ordering some, so I went to the…

Started by Chris Hundl

6 Apr 20, 2013
Reply by Bill Bailey

Eeek! My Tilapia have disappeared

Help!  I had bought 24 3-4" fingerlings in January.  12 were Kahalu'u Red and 12 were Kahalu'u Black.  Due to the tank being black, I had a…

Started by James Rubasch

5 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by James Rubasch

How can I tell female tilapia apart from the males.

Hello! I have a tank with 300 Mozambique and Blues cross 8 months old but haven't seen and sign of babies. I'm think about separating some…

Started by Josiah Sherman

0 Mar 28, 2013

Tomatoes' leaves-Brown Spots

We started our system in November. The plants have been thriving up until recently when we began noticing brown spots on many of the tomato…

Started by Pacifica HS

0 Feb 21, 2013

Fingerlings and Nitrates

I've got a problem. My little tilapia fingerlings have been dying off one at a time every since I put them in my tank. Lose about one or tw…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Jan 31, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Reintroducing tilapia fry

Greetings AP Friends! I had 23 tilapia fry show up in my sump tank back in May. I removed the fry from the sump and eventually transferred…

Started by Russ Grant

2 Aug 21, 2012
Reply by Russ Grant

Source in NW for Barramundi and Tilapia Breeders

Working with a friend who has license for Breeding and selling fish.  I am trying to find source of breeders so we can make some feeders..

Started by Don Stark

4 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by Don Stark

Super excited in Colorado.

Hello everybody, I've been reading for hours and hours about all of your systems and questions.  I have been interested in aquaponics for…

Started by Daniel McElhattan

30 May 31, 2012
Reply by Daniel McElhattan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service