Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'ph' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What do You use to adjust your pH?

I'm curious as to what people use to adjust the pH levels in their aquaponics systems?

Started by Katie D

48 Nov 18, 2017
Reply by Murray Hallam

Organic Certification

I am in the process of getting our aquaponic system certified organic. But I have run across some hurdles that I need help with. I was usi…

Started by Max Smith

6 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Raising ph level

Hey guys, new here and to aquaponics, but have a question on ph. I recently had to install taller media guard to my siphon and, of course,…

Started by Bill Edmonds

4 Jan 24, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

Eggshells And Calcium

So, about eggshells...... 1) Eggshells are used as a pH buffer in aquaponics systems, but what does using eggshells bring your pH levels to…

Started by Alex Veidel

3 Oct 19, 2014
Reply by George

Maintaining PH in breeder tanks

I have read a Ph of 8 is a good target for tilapia breeding tanks.  But, the nitrafication process that processes ammonia drives the PH dow…

Started by Jim Joy

0 Aug 17, 2014

Eggshells and pH

I don't know if this is the cause, but I recently added a small bag of dried, crushed eggshells to my aquaponic system, and now my pH dropp…

Started by Alex Veidel

5 Aug 8, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Just can't get the water buffered!

Hi! I'm Connie and I haven't posted in quite awhile. Our system is an IBC, 220 gal with 2 grow beds, 20 half grown tilapia (born in our tan…

Started by Connie

6 May 21, 2014
Reply by Keith Rowan

KALKWASSER IN AQUAPONICS???

Has anyone used Kalkwasser in aquaponics? It is designed specifically for use in marine applications and according to the label is is pure…

Started by Benjamin Udy - Super Genius

54 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by Steve R

Ph Crash

To start I am fishless cycling my system which has a 75 gal aquarium, 28 gal sump and 50 gal Rubbermaid stock tank as a grow bed.   To comb…

Started by Suzanne Hayes

7 Nov 18, 2013
Reply by Keith Rowan

pH continually dropping to 5... What the heck is it??

My system is 6 months old and the pH has been dropping since day 1! I can't figure it out and it's driving me bonkers. No dead fish, no dea…

Started by Dagmarvelous

56 Aug 25, 2013
Reply by Tradewind

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service