Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'filter' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Biochar Sources

Does anybody have any good sources for biochar that they like? Not interested in making it myself right now. I just need a small bag for a…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Aug 25, 2015
Reply by Alex Veidel

sediment removing biofilter

Started by Milo Shefik

3 Jul 3, 2014
Reply by Glenn

Swirl vs. Plate filter

I'm building a small DWC system, and am trying to decide what kind of filter to use for solids removal. Is a swirl filter better, or should…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

115 Jun 8, 2014
Reply by Jeremiah Robinson

Activated Charocoal

I've been looking for a quick way to filter rainwater so I can add it too my system, so I've been mulling over the idea of building a bio-f…

Started by Alex Veidel

7 Apr 11, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Remove filter from pump?

I'm using an ActiveAqua pump in my system, and the pump comes with a built-in filter that I've been leaving in and occasionally cleaning.…

Started by Eric T

6 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Roger Baldwin

Rain Water

I asked this question in the live chat section, but never got to see who answered because the conversation was pushed off of the board by t…

Started by Alex Veidel

4 Apr 22, 2013
Reply by Mike Creuzer

Help With Dropping pH

Hello all, I am hoping someone can help me troubleshoot the problem I’m having with dropping pH.  The weird thing about this is it seems to…

Started by Steven M

9 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Information about Kaldnes filter media, writing from peru

I want to make type Biofilter, Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor with filter media kaldnes K1 or kaldnes Biochip, need to contact manufacturers, a…

Started by Jesus Jimenez

4 Dec 1, 2012
Reply by Keith Rowan

Bloodworm?

I find these worms every time I clean my first IBC AP filter, I am assuming they are blood worms which means I am fortunate, yes? 

Started by BR

2 Aug 10, 2012
Reply by Jon Parr

Chlorine filter uses copper in the media.... will this be okay?

My husband picked up a shower filter for me to put inline with the hose so I don't have to fill buckets for offgassing every day. When I lo…

Started by Rachel

6 Sep 1, 2011
Reply by Miguel Afonso

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service