Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'beds' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Camallanus worms

Does anyone know if there is any stage of a camallanus worm that can get into the grow beds?  My tropical freshwater community tank definit…

Started by Michelle Wilson

0 Aug 19, 2018

Adjusting water flow into grow beds and bell siphons

I have slowly been cycling my system since last October. I have a total of 5 grow beds but added them one at a time. Now that they are all…

Started by Deborah M Espie

45 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Zach

Thoughts on recirculating wicking / sub-irrigated grow tower

Hey folks,I'm new to aquaponics, only having dabbled in it briefly before, and am considering my system options.  After much research and b…

Started by Robert Jack Meyer

0 Nov 16, 2014

DWC Raft Beds - Are there local sellers on the east coast

Hello, I'm about to purchase around 200 4X6 raft beds but the only dealer I know is Beaver plastics in California. I'm surprised I couldn'…

Started by Paul Phillip Meyer

4 Aug 14, 2014
Reply by Paul Phillip Meyer

Hey Everyone! I have a couple of questions

Hey everyone.... so Im new to this whole thing and I have a couple of questions. Is it a good idea to have a media bed to grow in, as to ge…

Started by Jason Lambert

3 May 9, 2014
Reply by Alan Barnett

Best Lettuce/Salad Greens Varieties

What are the best and/or favored lettuce-salad greens varieties for aquaponics systems, especially in the So. East? Inquiring mind wants to…

Started by Shean Smith

1 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by Charles Scholl

feed trough inserts

Has anyone had any experience with feed trough inserts?  I watched this Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa28DixvfYY a thought it was…

Started by Rob Montelone

0 Apr 12, 2013

Grow beds fill/drain rate

I am in process of replacing my bio filters for my 10000 gallon Koi pond with grow beds. I have four large grow beds with bell siphons. It…

Started by Wendell Ford

7 Mar 4, 2013
Reply by Josiah Sherman

passive aeration of water from the growbeds

As some of you have noticed, I am designing a sustainable solar greenhouse. In my quest to limit the watt draw needed from the solar array…

Started by Pat Chesney

36 Sep 12, 2012
Reply by Brian Mouncer

Grow beds and gravel

Hi all, Ok, so we have progressed and are gathering speed with our project. We have procured a JoJo tank for the fish (3900 liters). We t…

Started by Eco Owl

3 Nov 19, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service