Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'aquaponics' (95)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thoughts on recirculating wicking / sub-irrigated grow tower

Hey folks,I'm new to aquaponics, only having dabbled in it briefly before, and am considering my system options.  After much research and b…

Started by Robert Jack Meyer

0 Nov 16, 2014

Eggshells And Calcium

So, about eggshells...... 1) Eggshells are used as a pH buffer in aquaponics systems, but what does using eggshells bring your pH levels to…

Started by Alex Veidel

3 Oct 19, 2014
Reply by George

The Bug Battle

How are people tackling the bugs that find our systems?  I've been using a combination of beneficial insects (mainly ladybugs) and spraying…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

199 Oct 4, 2014
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

sexing tilapias

Identifing tilapia for reproduction Hi Everyone, I have 15 tilapias and just separated 3 to a new aquarium with the purpose of reproductio…

Started by Pablo

2 Aug 13, 2014
Reply by Pam DeLong

Tilapia trouble

Hello All! I have had issues with my tilapia over the past 2-3 months. They just keep dying. They look healthy and the next day yet an othe…

Started by tom landschoot

4 Aug 9, 2014
Reply by Jim Joy

Fish Sources

where do you find your fish?  thoughts on who has been great and who should be avoided?  thoughts on cross-state-bourder shipping

68 Aug 8, 2014
Reply by Jim Joy

Soil in aquaponics

Hey guys, first off I want to say that I love the blog and reading all the different posts.  I always find myself getting lost (in a good w…

Started by Zac Kind

8 Jul 19, 2014
Reply by Donald Holmes

Commercial systems

Are you interested in growing commercially?  Do you already grow commercially?  This is the place for exchanging ideas and experiences, and…

264 Jul 4, 2014
Reply by Michelle Whipple

how its going so far.

so I tested the water today.i have a indoor 30 gal. fish tank. 3 med. size goldfish.2- 50 lt. growbeds.ive had the fish for a couple years…

Started by pierre roy

1 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

fill and drain pipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ne9bMTN98EI set up my first in home ap recently.now I used 1/2" poly pipe.thats all trhe hardwear store ha…

Started by pierre roy

2 Jun 10, 2014
Reply by pierre roy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service