Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'Tilapia' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tilapia vs Yellow Perch for Breeding and Growth

I’m trying to decide whether to grow Tilapia or Yellow Perch in my future AP system. I need a better understanding of the breeding and grow…

Started by Patrick Roche

8 Sep 3, 2019
Reply by Jo James

Types of fish for aquaculture

Hello! I am all new to this, and I am seriously considering starting my own indoor aquaponic system; a small one to start.  However, with r…

Started by Dylan Valentine

10 Feb 11, 2016
Reply by Alex Veidel

Mixing Catfish and Tilapia

I am new to aquaponics but I am very excited about it. I am still in the planning stages of my system so I am exploring all the best ideas…

Started by Hollis Armstrong

0 Feb 12, 2015

Tilapia or Trout, Heated garage or not.

Hello Everyone, I live in Virginia and the winter get pretty cool and the summers get pretty warm. During the spring and fall if you dont l…

Started by FnY Farms

9 Feb 1, 2015
Reply by Johann

Humanely Kill Tilapia for table

Hello, please tell me how you humanely dispatch your tilapia for the table.  When I googled it, some said using ice chokes them, others say…

Started by Sunny Oettel

61 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by David - WI

Fish permit

Hi I'm about to start a small Aquaponics system with blue tilapia in the state of Florida, and I wanted to know if I am required to have a…

Started by Stevie Martens

10 Oct 4, 2012
Reply by John Jay

Tilapia of Choice/Best place to Purchase in Phoenix area

Hey Everyone, I'm brand new to this so not really sure where to post but I have a few questions. I just finished building my first system (…

Started by Nathanael

1 Sep 4, 2012
Reply by Kai Schumann

Aquaponic Product Knowledge Guides Issue 1 Tilapia, Filtration and worms

Aquaponic Product Knowledge is a continuing education series of guides that will help us on our journey towards a sustainable garden and fa…

Started by Patrick McKee

7 May 11, 2012
Reply by Chris Smith

Eliminating Commercial feed inputs

Does anyone have either personal experience or research evidence of tilapia being fed a diet that completely cuts out the need for commerci…

Started by James McCullough

1 Mar 3, 2012
Reply by Carey Ma

Aquaponics in Action - USA Urban Inroads

Hello fellow Aquaponic Gardners,I am always interested in reading about the acceptance and use of aquaponics as part of our normal daily li…

Started by Sahib Punjabi

38 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Sahib Punjabi

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service