Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

solar heater for fish tank

Sacramento's climate is pretty moderate but for a couple of months in winter it is cold enough that my bluegills don’t eat much, which slow…

Started by Paul Trudeau

5 Feb 27, 2014
Reply by Johan Prins

Potassium Bicarbonate Question

I asked this on another thread but figured I would just ask this as a question here: I am trying to get some potassium bicarbonate.  The a…

Started by R.K. Castillo

1 Feb 26, 2014
Reply by Steve R

pH problems

After months of battling a low pH (6-6.6) I finally got my KH from 0 to around 5 but now my pH is high at 8 and I am afraid to do much more…

Started by Verna Gross

11 Feb 24, 2014
Reply by R.K. Castillo

Water cycle

How often should the water be cycled so as to ensure that water in the grow beds is already purified by the plants? Also, when water from t…

Started by Siddharth Gurjar

4 Feb 20, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Well Water Quality

Hey community peoples. So, I'm finding all sorts of fun new information about my water quality and I could use a little help. I just need s…

Started by Alex Veidel

1 Feb 7, 2014
Reply by Glenn

High PH, Help!

I have a system that has been cycled since December. My PH has been high the last few weeks. I use well water to top off the tank. The PH o…

Started by Leslie

13 Feb 2, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Need a Water Heater

First, Hello from a newbe.  I am in Florida and yes I need a water heater.  I lost all of my first purchase of Tialpia last week. The guy s…

Started by Jim Kamen

19 Jan 29, 2014
Reply by Jim Kamen

what size heater to get for 150 gallon tank

We are just starting up an indoor system with an IBC tote with @ 150 gallons of water in it. Just wondering how many watts we need in a hea…

Started by christina soulia

4 Jan 28, 2014
Reply by Glenn

Should I get a water heater in Florida?

Hello Everyone,   I'm in the cycling phase (fishless)of my system and was wondering if I needed a water heater to help things continue with…

Started by Al Green

6 Jan 18, 2014
Reply by Al Green

Algae Problem - Please Help!

I went on vacation for two weeks and left my system in the care of a friend and came back to unbelievably high ammonia levels (exceeding 8)…

Started by JSH

11 Jan 18, 2014
Reply by JSH

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service