Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Problems/Issues (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Got rid of the goldfish now my tilapia are shy

I started off my 150g system with a bunch of feeder goldfish and when I got some tilapia they lived with each other. But then I started hav…

Started by mario cole

0 Jun 4, 2012

Needing Advice

We just put in our AP system about 5 days ago and we have been encountering some problems with the chemical levels of the water, the test k…

Started by Dan Roets

13 May 19, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Black spot on lettuce

I have black spot on nearly all my lettuce in my raft system. I understand that it is spread in dirt gardens by irrigating with river water…

Started by heidi critchfield

11 May 18, 2012
Reply by heidi critchfield

suspended solids, fine particles, dark water

im wondering if anyone has ever used a centrifuge to clean water?

Started by chuck

6 May 16, 2012
Reply by steve

Ich, Strawberries and Salt

Hi Everyone- I know that ich topic has been covered fairly well here, but can someone speak more directly about salt and strawberries? I ha…

Started by Casey Miller

19 May 9, 2012
Reply by Rebecca B

Green Water!

So we just put up our first AP system in our campus garden on Sunday, April 29th.  The water was clear like the photo below on Friday (5/4)…

Started by Chris Moreno

13 May 9, 2012
Reply by Jon Parr

Grow Bed return to Sump

On my first install, I am learning the strange relationship with air and water.  I have six growbeds on a 4x8' table.  I thought I could dr…

Started by zigit

3 May 2, 2012
Reply by Philip Gauthier

Some grow beds fine others not?

System has been running for over a year with very few problems. We had a mild winter here, so some plants survived outside. Nitrates did fa…

Started by Wayne

1 May 2, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Dead?

In my continuing efforts to join the ranks of the mass fish murders...All my plants, mainly shade Jade and Philodendron(I think), which hav…

Started by Gerald Watts

1 Apr 9, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Tadpoles in the raft system

I recently experienced three weeks of slow growth on the lettuce rafts. The sun had been out just as much or more than the month before, bu…

Started by Rob Nash

9 Mar 31, 2012
Reply by Dave Weekz

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service