Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Cycling (164)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What levels are Ideal that I'm testing for?

What is the most ideal level for plants and fish? I have chard, turnip greens and peppers. and no fish until I find out that it is cycled u…

Started by Adam Shivers

16 Apr 26, 2012
Reply by Jake Schneider

Fish timing @ end of cycling

Been cycling our first 250 gallon setup for 18 days.   Ammonia and nitrite were zero the other day, but seeing some ammonia again and zero…

Started by Stalemate

3 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

System Cycled?

I have been cycling for some time now (at least 3-4 weeks) and I was testing twice a day. Some days I had some exceptions where I was not a…

Started by Marc Bryan

0 Apr 21, 2012

Just Getting Ready to add Water and Begin Cycling, NOW WHAT?

I have every thing almost ready and will be adding the water to the system this week end I have 2 main questions during the cycling should…

Started by Patrick

4 Apr 16, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Water Cycling

My grow bed leaves about an inch of water at the bottom after it drains because the teeth on my bell pipe are cut at that length. Is it oka…

Started by Chris Moreno

2 Apr 13, 2012
Reply by Michele Cannon

New system started from a newbe

Hello guys, first off all i don't have any practical experience in Aquaponics: Before starting testing the water i run the system for tre…

Started by Gabriele Barocci

123 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Day One

Day one was Saturday the 7th Washed the hydroton the added it to the grow bed. Funny how the siphon worked differently without the media in…

Started by Mark

54 Mar 27, 2012
Reply by Mark

my system

Hi can anyone see any gremlins in this system, I am think now of using timer with pumps instead of auto-syphons has anay one tried this? An…

Started by Tina Cresswell

2 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by Tina Cresswell

Chemistry confusion

Hi all, I started fisheless cycling my 1100l system a few weeks ago. When I first put water in the system I treated the water with a pond…

Started by Eco Owl

4 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Ebb & Flow cycling? 24/7?

I am setting up an 800 gallon system with ebb and flow. Running the pump 15 minutes and off 45 mintues, and using an autosiphon in each tra…

Started by Mike Roe

4 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by FormulaX

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service