Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Cycling (164)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

ClorAm-X before cycling

Hello, I am getting ready to do a fish less cycle on my new system.  300 gallon fish tank 275 gallon  sump 6 - 135 gallon grow beds (befor…

Started by Dan Lieder

1 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by Keith Rowan

Cycling with fish - how many

Despite all of the advice not to cycle with fish I am trying to cycle with fish. I have about 800 litres in my system (just a simple IBC sy…

Started by Mike E

3 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by George

Too much ammonia

I did not know how much ammonia to put in my first system, cycling without fish, and spiked the ammonia to well above 8.0 ppm! (newbie styl…

Started by Justin Taylor

11 Mar 14, 2013
Reply by txdurk

What's this White Stuff?

I've been cycling my system and the last couple of days this white stuff has showed up all over the grow media.   What is it?

Started by R.K. Castillo

28 Mar 9, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

questions: humonia and meds and more

'Kay. Being an older dude I'm on a low dose of a beta blocker to keep my arterial system from blowing out later. So out of worries over the…

Started by Jeffrey Ihara

5 Mar 7, 2013
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

How much pee?

I've looked around and haven't found any guidelines on how much pee to add to a new system.  For instance, if I want 1 ppm in a 100 gallon…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

5 Mar 4, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Nitrate Question in Fishless Cycling

I have been cycling my small system for nearly 3 weeks now.   The first week both Nitrate & Nitrite levels were doing well.   I was wai…

Started by R.K. Castillo

34 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Cold weather cycling

I have an aquaponics setup that I'm going to fill up with water this week, and I'm worried about the cold on my bacteria. I'm in Wisconsin,…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

4 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Plant Growth and System Cycling

These pictures are from a system that I am cycling. The water's pH is 8.2-8.5. The seedlings are less than two weeks old and have received…

Started by Vlad Jovanovic

8 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

First Time "Cycling"

Hello, I am new to AP as well as this site. I have my system set up and tested. I have everything except for seeds and fish. I need to "cy…

Started by m4gaujan

7 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by m4gaujan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service