Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Lighting (46)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

T5 and T8 fluorescent bulbs

I am looking to set up my system with a T5 or T8 fluorescent bulb for a 5 gal system. I was thinking of growing herbs like thyme and basil,…

Started by Anthony Acchione

21 Jun 27, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Lighting at Growing Power or Sweet Water Organics

Anyone who has done the tour or taken the workshop at Growing Power familiar with their lighting setup in the aquaponics greenhouses?

Started by Scott LeFoll

10 Jun 22, 2012
Reply by Nathan Griswold

Lighting

I thought my 6X7 foot green house is doing great, then my dear sweet brother pointed out that my plants are a tab bit pale, he says I may n…

Started by Deborah Susan Berry

4 May 21, 2012
Reply by matthew ferrell

HID Lights

So I was on here for a while last night researching lighting. It seems the consensus is that the two main drawbacks of HID is heat and ener…

Started by Phil Bowyer

11 Apr 9, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

T5 replacement schedule and disposal

Hi everyone,   I have my 50 gallon system up and running with much thanks to the wisdom I found on this forum! I am curious about the T5 li…

Started by Justin

1 Mar 14, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

150 Watt HPS Fixture

I recently purchased a Sun System brand HPS 150 watt fixture. I only had 2 aquarium grow lights before that, and after only 1 day of having…

Started by FormulaX

5 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by Jason Yahner

Providing Lighting 24 hours.

Hi,   I have an aquaponic system in my backyard and normally we would turn on the backyard lights at night for safety reason. Hence this cr…

Started by Teh Teong Chian

41 Jan 24, 2012
Reply by Jon Parr

LED lighting

Hello all was wondering if anyone is useing LED lighting for their ap systems, if so how are they doing compared to hid or cfl thanks .

Started by Wil Miles

0 Jan 23, 2012

growth rate motorized light track vs. dedicated light

So has anyone done any comparison tests regarding growth rates on plants between the two? say a 4x10 DWC with dedicated MH lights every 4-…

Started by Dino Pantelidis

13 Jan 7, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Help on indoor lighting

I've been hoping to find advice on the internet about what to do for my planned 6'x8' basement system. But I keep having the nagging feelin…

Started by Meg Stout

34 Dec 23, 2011
Reply by Brent Wheeler

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service