Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Food for Channel Catfish

I have started a system with goldfish and plan to add catfish fingerlings. I was wondering what people are feeding their catfish and where…

Started by Steve Stark

3 Aug 25, 2011
Reply by Wayne Sumrall

tilapia identification

I am not familar with foridas fresh water fishes.  I captured very small fry that were orphaned due to an otter.   I was not able to see t…

Started by John Jay

6 Aug 24, 2011
Reply by John Jay

Automatically harvesting insects for fish food in real time from the local environment.... hmmm shall we?

In another thread Steve was talking about how he hangs a solar powered light above his fish tank to get the moths for his catfish and I rep…

Started by Daniel E Murphy

12 Aug 24, 2011
Reply by Christina Hersey

Flukes on Dead Fish

I have found some flukes? on some dead fish in my system. They are small, brown flat sided worms that are attached to the dead fish. Maximu…

Started by Jeffrey Goodman

11 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Jeffrey Goodman

Sick Tilapia

Hi everyone, i started my first aquaponic system about few weeks ago in Montreal, Canada.  i started with 4 tilapias, all together about 3-…

Started by Pablo

12 Aug 17, 2011
Reply by Pablo

feed:weight ratios

I've looked all over the internet and found TONS of information.  I'm lost in cyber-world.  I've searched the forum, but can't find the exa…

Started by Allisyn Wood

14 Aug 17, 2011
Reply by Allisyn Wood

Zebra Tilapia

Greetings Folks, I'm in the process of putting a aquaponics system in place, getting totes today. I am completely green (new to aquaponics)…

Started by Russ Grant

4 Aug 15, 2011
Reply by Russ Grant

My early stage plans

Hello everyone, I'm considering setting up an aquaponics system in my existing greenhouse, which was built on top of the 10'x10' slab that…

Started by Christina Hersey

3 Aug 10, 2011
Reply by Christina Hersey

Koi and Tilapia

Will there be any issue having the two in the same tank?    

Started by Kou

1 Aug 8, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Bird Feed- Millet

There was mention of feeding spent grains to the fish as an alternative to commercial feed. I have some parrots and I am tempted to try fee…

Started by Growzay

1 Aug 7, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service