A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners
I replaced all of the 1" inlets with 4" inlets, along with the media guards on every bed I shouldn't ever have root-clogging issues again.
Albums: home system redo, moving on to other projects
Join Aquaponic Gardening
Yikes Adam, I am counting about 100.00 worth of valves and adapters alone in this one photo. My budget would have been blown away
BTW have you tried the "rotate the gravel guard" method of root control? I learned that nifty trick off a YT vid. Works pisser. Done about once a month that cuts off the roots before they become a problem and they float to the top of the guard area and u just pluck them out.
Hey Zach, you may be seeing 2 dif things.
There is purple primer AND there is a new glue that can be used WET (as in water) and that is very blue. Personally I have used the new glue and the old clear glue ALOT and I still prefer the clear glue unless working wet is not a choice, which is very rare. The blue seems to go bad in the bottle sooner as well. Sometimes I think I throw out more glue than I use so I prefer NOT to purchase large containers. Better to get 2 smaller ones for that reason unless you are gluing a whole lot at once. Primer is a big deal IF you are plumbing your house but if your pipes are clean I have never had a leak even without it and it is very thin and runs down your pretty white pipes leaving them UGLY. For house plumbing it is a code requirement and I do believe that is why they make it so visible. For the inspector.
I think what you are seeing is the primer used in PVC to use before the glue
what is the blue substance that i have seen in quite a few people's photos. I am assuming that it is some type of glue, just trying to find things that are proven safe and effective
Welcome toAquaponic Gardening
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
© 2020 Created by Sylvia Bernstein.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.