Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hey All,

So its been a minute but I have finally been able to pull together some dimensions.

The bell siphon is -11 1/8 in (1-1/2" id)

The standpipe - 8.5 in (3/4" id)
Media guard - 13 in (4" id)
The drop from the bottom of the bed to the 90 is 6-1/4".  
Ill have to check back to find out what the run is to the 45 on the end.
Although Lloyd I am intrigued; if I have plants in does the seaweed "cycle" better?  I do have 9 shubunkin, about 2" in length waiting in a quarantine tank of sorts.  I know it happens, but I dont want them to die!  
Also, Jim, what is a vent or trap?  I have an idea of both from my small experience with plumbing but I cant make the connection to AP.  I havent picked up the plumbing 101 guide yet but am excited by any excuse to go to Lowes.
Lloyd, why the reduction from 1-1/2" to 1" in the drain?  Also, are you draining into the 3" as a sort of gutter and so you can add the press screens for added aeration or is there something else goin on there that I missed?

Thanks again for all the suggestions; I will have to get out and get some ammonia when Im back in town, and I will be sure to read the label so that I get pure ammonia.  

Here are some pictures!

Views: 77

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

also, one more picture! actually, two more!  by the way, that aerator didnt stay on top of the bed past taking the picture...  Also, all pipes are 3/4" except for what comes out of the actual fish tank.  If memory serves, the fish tank is fitted with a 2" SLO that goes out through a bulkhead and then hits a 2" 90 that changes into a 2"-3/4" reducer.  

One problem I have been having is that as I adjust the ball valves to try and get the siphons to kick on or off, suddenly the fish tank will be overflowing and I have to scramble with a bucket.  As much as I need the cardio I dont think this is how this is supposed to work.  A friend recommended capping the original spot, then dropping it down a bit?  Id have to maneuver the grow beds too, but does anyone have thoughts on that?

Lastly, after adding a third picture, do you think at all that the teeth of the bell arent deep enough?  I had pretty much this exact set up earlier in the year so Im hesitant to go a bit deeper.  Anyways, thanks again everyone!

Joe

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service