Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hello!

My name is Elyse and I am a student at Allegheny College in Pennsylvania - I have done a lot of research on aquaponics and even worked on a system that was very successful.  My job this summer is to continue my research with market analysis and commercial aquaponics systems.  I am going on a road trip throughout the Midwest and I am in need of some help for locations to stop.  I am looking for successful aquaponics commercial companies to take guided tours and talk with the people there about their innovations as well as how they got started and other questions along those lines. 

 

So far my destinations include: Sweet Water Organic, (Milwaukee, WI), Growing Power (Milwaukee, WI) and The Plant (Chicago, IL).  I am considering stoping at Nelson Pade, but that is to be decided by my Professor.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions!! Thanks!

 

Views: 98

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Elyse,

 

Check out these articles:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/article_8e24c684-7641-11df-8ad...

http://host.madison.com/article_bb8f7f4a-763e-11df-a0b3-001cc4c0328...

http://www.aquaponics.com/

 

If you happen to come through Madison give us a shout at: jakevv@gmail.com

 

We do small-scale home aquaponics (http://vennie-vollrath.com) but would enjoy going with you if you plan on touring any of the facilities.

 

--Jake

 

 

We here at KP Simply Fresh are a commercial grower located in North Freedom, WI (about 2 hours northwest of milwaukee and about 45 minutes west of Nelson and Pade). If you would like to stop here for a tour please call and speak with Donna or Christopher.

 

Our system was setup up with the assistance of Nelson and Pade so they will look similar. We are also participating in the Wisconsin Aquaculture Day Saturday July 16, 2011 from 10am - 4pm. While we can not give you the one on one attention that day, you are more than welcome stop by.

 

Christopher

KP Simply Fresh

S 6234 County Road PF

North Freedom, WI 53951

608-522-5001

www.KPSimplyFresh.com

 

Hey Elyse-

Saw your post about the road trip- I'm a high school teacher in chicago who just has a little system running in my room, but would love to meet up with you if you go to growing power- i've been meaning to make a mini trip myself- if you are looking for company, would love to hear from you-

robin

Sounds great! Once I finalize my plans I will let you know.

Robin said:

Hey Elyse-

Saw your post about the road trip- I'm a high school teacher in chicago who just has a little system running in my room, but would love to meet up with you if you go to growing power- i've been meaning to make a mini trip myself- if you are looking for company, would love to hear from you-

robin

Christopher - If I decide to make the trip to Nelson Pade I will let you know and we would like to see your facility.  The Aquaculture Day sounds interesting.  Would it be possible for me to attend this event as well.  If so where is this event located?  All of our decisions are made due to distance.  Thanks for your help

 

Elyse


Christopher Meunier said:

We here at KP Simply Fresh are a commercial grower located in North Freedom, WI (about 2 hours northwest of milwaukee and about 45 minutes west of Nelson and Pade). If you would like to stop here for a tour please call and speak with Donna or Christopher.

 

Our system was setup up with the assistance of Nelson and Pade so they will look similar. We are also participating in the Wisconsin Aquaculture Day Saturday July 16, 2011 from 10am - 4pm. While we can not give you the one on one attention that day, you are more than welcome stop by.

 

Christopher

KP Simply Fresh

S 6234 County Road PF

North Freedom, WI 53951

608-522-5001

www.KPSimplyFresh.com

 

Thank you! I will let you know what the plans are once they are finalized

 

Elyse


Jacob Vennie-Vollrath said:

Hi Elyse,

 

Check out these articles:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/article_8e24c684-7641-11df-8ad...

http://host.madison.com/article_bb8f7f4a-763e-11df-a0b3-001cc4c0328...

http://www.aquaponics.com/

 

If you happen to come through Madison give us a shout at: jakevv@gmail.com

 

We do small-scale home aquaponics (http://vennie-vollrath.com) but would enjoy going with you if you plan on touring any of the facilities.

 

--Jake

 

 

You are welcome to come on the Aquculture day, but if were as busy as last year i will only be able to give you the basic tour. we had over 200 people out last year for the day. 

 

the tour would be done at the greenhouse

 

KP Simply Fresh

S 6234 County Road PF

North Freedom, WI 53951

608-393-2299

Elyse Schmitt said:

Christopher - If I decide to make the trip to Nelson Pade I will let you know and we would like to see your facility.  The Aquaculture Day sounds interesting.  Would it be possible for me to attend this event as well.  If so where is this event located?  All of our decisions are made due to distance.  Thanks for your help

 

Elyse


Christopher Meunier said:

We here at KP Simply Fresh are a commercial grower located in North Freedom, WI (about 2 hours northwest of milwaukee and about 45 minutes west of Nelson and Pade). If you would like to stop here for a tour please call and speak with Donna or Christopher.

 

Our system was setup up with the assistance of Nelson and Pade so they will look similar. We are also participating in the Wisconsin Aquaculture Day Saturday July 16, 2011 from 10am - 4pm. While we can not give you the one on one attention that day, you are more than welcome stop by.

 

Christopher

KP Simply Fresh

S 6234 County Road PF

North Freedom, WI 53951

608-522-5001

www.KPSimplyFresh.com

 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service