Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Has anyone had any experience and or knowledge of using etfe film on greenhouses?
pro's , con's :D

Views: 638

Replies to This Discussion

Since I want to be e-mailed the answer, automatically, by aquaponic gardening, here's a "oh, I don't know, I wonder what the answer could be" type response. Oh, I don't know, I wonder what the answer could be. (Sorry, this wasn't helpful.)

I'm unfamiliar with the term etfe film. Could you be more descriptive?

EthyleneTetraFlouroEthylene  (ETFE)   film , I have tried to find out more information on the net  But I have been unable to.

The information I find deals with the commerical aspects in reguards to packaging and building coverings, but nothing about greenhouses. I had read about this product from an article in Friendly Aquiponics Newsletter. The owner of the newsletter built a greenhouse this summer and covered it with this ETFE film. They however live in Hawaii , I live in southeast Ohio. Are climate is alittle bit differnt here.So I was trying to find out a little more information about it and see if maybe it might work in my area. This film is supposed to have a life span of 50 years, able to withstand high winds, stay tranlucent and not cloud, be tear resistant, and be self cleaning.Sounds perfect to me and I would very much like to find more info about it.

Carl:

I have quite a bit of experience with ETFE. For the last 2 years I have been working with a fellow from Germany who has designed what I believe is a revolutionary greenhouse for aquaponic growing. One of the features of this greenhouse is the use of ETFE as the structures glazing membrane. If you want to discuss ETFE let me know and I'll share whatever knowledge I have.

Griffin

Jim Griffin said:

Carl:

I have quite a bit of experience with ETFE. For the last 2 years I have been working with a fellow from Germany who has designed what I believe is a revolutionary greenhouse for aquaponic growing. One of the features of this greenhouse is the use of ETFE as the structures glazing membrane. If you want to discuss ETFE let me know and I'll share whatever knowledge I have.

Griffin

Jim

thanks' for replying . Yes I am very interested in finding out more information about ETFE , and would appreciate  any help you would offer me . As I stated in my post the information I found out about it sounds perfect  for what I would use it for. I have a old aluminum arched sun room approx. 12'x14'  (it looks similar to the one's  a McDonald's would have ,except not that big of course) it has double pane glass ,two side vent windows and a 5' sliding glass door  ( I removed this from a house I remolded  15 years ago )  . Time

has taken its toll on all the rubber seals so it now leaks like a sieve and it a constant pain to keep all the rubber seals in place . Several of the glass panes are beginning to fog due to seal failure and one fills with water during a hard rain . So it is  time  to make some changes .  Can you give me your thoughts as to weather etfe  would be suitable for my location , its suitability  for my sun room , how difficult it is to install.

cost , suppliers  , pro's, con's 

Carl

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service