Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hi,
I'm new and my fish have been dying. This poor little guy looks like he got murdered. Can any one help? My levels are all good, ph on the low side and I had a float with a brass lever for about a month. I added eggs shells per Vlad. Water temp is around 71-72 F

Views: 454

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Dead fish, insects, unusable plant parts, stray cats, neighborhood kids who wander onto the property...it all makes good composting fodder... 

Jim Fisk said:

BTW, mine (dead fish) get ground up along with all the other waste and get composted. Fish pieces parts are great for the compost but should be ground and mixed well with the greens etc. Waste not, want not.

Just make sure it is good hot compost so as not to attract too much marauding wildlife (bears, rats).

Alternative, warn that unattended children will be fed sugar, caffeine and promised a puppy!

I have added very little salt to my 280 gallon fish tank.  I don't have any fish disease so am wondering if I should add any salt at all.  I read most of the link on salting but still am wondering about it.  Does everyone here salt their tanks?

NO, if you are cycled up and your fish are healthy, you do not need to add salt.

Thanks for the clarification

TCLynx said:

NO, if you are cycled up and your fish are healthy, you do not need to add salt.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service