Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Will perch benefit from duckweed?

Views: 135

Replies to This Discussion

I replied to this question on Chi Me's group and my Yellow Perch ignored the duckweed and wanted protein with no veggies.

Thanks to you . they seem to like goldfish flakes

Leo White Bear said:

I replied to this question on Chi Me's group and my Yellow Perch ignored the duckweed and wanted protein with no veggies.

true....i have blue tilapia (2 months old) and they seem to ignore duckweeds too.

I tried this video from youtube...nice guy and i mixed some porkhearts ( cant find beef hearts,available in oriental food stores) with some of my own mixtures of vege, garlic, omega 3, vitamins, spinach etc( dont like liver) and voila ...it worked. I only give this once a day but man ...they love it. You can try this if your fishy needs more protein in their diet. Or you can just get omega 500 i think thats what its called. Just my fifty cents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JQyTSz8X4

cheers

butthead2001 said:

true....i have blue tilapia (2 months old) and they seem to ignore duckweeds too.

I tried this video from youtube...nice guy and i mixed some porkhearts ( cant find beef hearts,available in oriental food stores) with some of my own mixtures of vege, garlic, omega 3, vitamins, spinach etc( dont like liver) and voila ...it worked. I only give this once a day but man ...they love it. You can try this if your fishy needs more protein in their diet. Or you can just get omega 500 i think thats what its called. Just my fifty cents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JQyTSz8X4

cheers

Thanks for the info sir.   I discovered that meal worms turn the baithouse perch into junglistic water- churning, meal seeking, maniacs. The easy going goldfish think- wtf?.   I have even seen a big goldfish sneak up and suck up one of the worms and dart away. I have 40 bait house perch and 13 gold fish in an IBC tank. 7 buckets with two tomato plants each.  Blooms!  24 leaf lettuce plant floating in black 150 gal tub with holey blue board catching the drain of the buckets.Feb 15,2015 southeast Kansas. Question; can you provide too much air to the fish? This is only 5 months old and my first attempt.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service