Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hello from tokyo

5 celsius outside

The fishpool is heatet to 25c with all my Tilapias alive and eating well.Ammonia is a little high but ok.

The growbed wich i put on the second floor have 8 hours of daylight has root-temperatur of 20c but it seems that my small plant are not doing well,even i covert them with a clear plasticsheet.

Has somebody an good idea?

Happy Holidaywishes from tokyo and thank you all for the replies from this year,especialy to Silvia Queen of Aquaponics.

Alfred

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Queen?  Really?  Yikes!   Alfred, I worry about the number of hours of light - 8 is far below optimal for most plants.  Ideally 16 hours is a nice average, with a little more or less depending on the plant type and stage of growth it's in.  Can you put some artificial lights on it?

Has your water cleared up?

Yes i have but it cost me a bit.I think i have to wait until march becourse in tokyo the next house is only meters away and there windows would be lightend up for an other 6 hours.I dont want to discomfort theme.Carrot are dying but salads are alive soso every thing crows very slow.

Water cleared up i released 150 liters or so.Littlebit cloudy but ok,still the Fish(Tilapia) are happy so it seems.

I had already some of my japanese friends visiting me who admired my AP and some want to do it to.But i think i am a lousy teacher so i will contact you my favorit teacher Queen of AP a lot more.

Sylvia Bernstein said:

Queen?  Really?  Yikes!   Alfred, I worry about the number of hours of light - 8 is far below optimal for most plants.  Ideally 16 hours is a nice average, with a little more or less depending on the plant type and stage of growth it's in.  Can you put some artificial lights on it?

Has your water cleared up?

What are your nitrate levels?

Hi Alfred,

In my experience three things effect plant growth the most

1. Ph ( Ideal range between 6.5-7)

2. Water Temperature ( Ideal is between 22 - 27)

3. Light 

My tomatoes and eggplant weren't doing well at 20C but once i raised the water temperature to 24C i started getting some good growth. This is from my experience with aquaponics. Hope it helps

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service