Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hello, I am building system with 55 gallon drums, and instead of bell syphons, I would like to use U-Syphons. 

Here is the question: I bought thin wall PVC tube which is 2 1/4" wide

I can't seem to find a uniseal of such width. When I ordered the tube, I said 2", and when I got home and measured the inner diameter of the tube, it was not exactly 2"....

Could someone please please clarify??

Views: 241

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Uniseals are made for schedule 40 PVC... I'm not sure what you have there but it is not schedule 40

Thank you for sharing that. That clears thing up a bunch.

in a drum, I wouldnt go over 1 " for the siphon tube.  if you want to do a flex hose version of the j tube, just use a 1" threaded/barbed bulkhead, then you can connect the flex hose to it.   (available at most hydro shops for $2 )


Thanks Rob. I am copying a system that I saw in youtube were the owner used 2" U-Siphon tubes reduced to 1".

Problem is, when I went to the hardware store I didn't preview the parts, and I know nothing about plumbing, so I asked everything in inches, and it turns out here in my country the standard is in millimeters ( I was completely convinced it was inches for plumbing.... we use meters for everything else), so the clerk sold me the pieces without presenting them to me, and I got really huge plumbing that day... sad, but true


© 2023   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service