Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hi everyone,,,,Couple pictures to set the tone for future post with a new system

This is what I will be working with.  You will see in the first picture there is a bed on both sides.  These were put this way for my 84 yr old mom to be able to work without having in bend over.  Since she won't be working them this year, I will be tearing out the one on the left side.  I will dismantle the barrel system and intigrate it with an IBC set up. 

Plans (mentally only at this point yet) will include an IBC with top removed and used as a growbed, bottom for FT, 2 barrel 1/2's will remain growbeds.  Top part of barrel system will remain raft maybe set in top of FT.  Would also like to get some verticle/horizontal towers going also. 

We do a farmers market and are certified organic so this fits right into the picture. 

Last year was the first year for the barrel ponics and didn't do real well, but it was no fault of the system.

Greenhouse is 12x20 double layer of plastic, inflated.  Will be getting going with this as soon as our sheep and goats drop their babies in another 2 weeks or so.

Will try to get progressive pictures.

cindy

Views: 334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Cindy, looks great, I'm looking forward to watching this progress.I'm also interested to know what materials were used to make your green house- is that pvc pipe? How did you attatch the frame for the door and vents to the structure? Thanks for sharing.

Jp

Hi JP,,No the frame is metal from a previous green house.  It has been recovered with 6 mil clear  and 6 mil white with a ventilation fan between layers. If you look at the wall behind the barrels, you will see some framework of 2x4's, we did the same thing for the front door and the vents. 

Going to pickup an IBC container next week and gonna get that going ASAP.

Cindy

Jp said:

Hello Cindy, looks great, I'm looking forward to watching this progress.I'm also interested to know what materials were used to make your green house- is that pvc pipe? How did you attatch the frame for the door and vents to the structure? Thanks for sharing.

Jp

Awesome- thanks a lot and best of luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service