Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

If I was planning to go into a commercial size aquaponics, would a flood bed or an auto siphon better? I was thinking about a 18000 gallon tank! Please help me.

Views: 448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where they fertilize the big ponds and let the algae bloom to feed the tilapia.
So they are using big bio filters? Do you have any links I can take a look? Can aquaponics be integrated with the green culture?
Give Barney Spoonenberg a comment, he runs a commercial farm in Mt. Kisco NY. It's called Cabbage Hill Farm Foundation cabbagehillfarm.org

Jason valera said:
Nice... Thanks for the great info.you know anyone else with a commercial size aquaponics system in the NYC area? 

Well green water culture isn't really like normal aquaponics it is more a method of extensive pond aquaculture and I don't really think green water culture would be all that easy to integrate with tank style recirculating aquaponics.

You have a fair bit of research to do before you are really ready to jump into a commercial system with thousands of pounds of fish.

Here is the first site that poped up when I did a search for green water aquaculture

http://www.aquaculture.co.il/technology/re-circulation.html

Wow Thanks for the great info. Yeah I'm trying to do so much research with commercial size aquaponics, I know I can change the way of life style in the Philippines and as well have some type of business. As well Thais for the add in the friend request. Hope we can keep in contact as I start my mini project in the Philippines.

Eric Warwick said:
Give Barney Spoonenberg a comment, he runs a commercial farm in Mt. Kisco NY. It's called Cabbage Hill Farm Foundation cabbagehillfarm.org

Jason valera said:
Nice... Thanks for the great info.you know anyone else with a commercial size aquaponics system in the NYC area? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service