Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Tilapia Fingerlings In SW Washington and NW Oregon Area?

Still desperately looking for a supply of Tilapia fingerlings (or fry) in my area.  Anybody know of any? Thanks so much! 

Views: 3370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be looking for some soon also. I just saw a link to fishyfarm.com i believe. It looks lke they are located in Hillsboro. says 1$ each for small ones, but I haven't called them yet.

I am in Beaverton and about 1 month old on my system now.

The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife has a list of licensed operators who have fish for sale:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/docs/licensed_operator...

Fishy Farm (mentioned by Matt, also on the list) looks like a good place to get Tilapia. I'm still waiting for them to get their new shop up and running and stocking catfish (tastier than Tilapia, IMO).

Thank you Jake!!

I know I'm new to this forum, but I just received my order of Tilapia from this ebay seller.  http://www.ebay.com/sch/draxxes.california/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=...

I got the amount and the fish appeared to be in excellent shape and good quality.  Just tossing this out there, and I'm not affiliated with this person, just offering my two cents. 

Thanks!  I didn't even think of checking Ebay!

Thank you Michael! I will keep this handy.  Still struggling with a way to heat my tank reliably enough in the winter. I am excited to learn about The Farming Fish! Thanks again.

I have talipia now. I am setting up a breeding tank.  I hope to be able to sell small ones for people in the area within 6 months, but I am sure I'll have some issues and it will take longer for some unknown reason. I went to the Oregon fish and game wildlife website and searched for people on there.  I did not choose to be listed yet because I am not ready to sell.  I am in the Beaverton area by the way.....

Matt

Matt

how big of a system and did they make you have a well?

Matt Burns said:

I have talipia now. I am setting up a breeding tank.  I hope to be able to sell small ones for people in the area within 6 months, but I am sure I'll have some issues and it will take longer for some unknown reason. I went to the Oregon fish and game wildlife website and searched for people on there.  I did not choose to be listed yet because I am not ready to sell.  I am in the Beaverton area by the way.....

Matt

Hey Michael! I am up in Sisters Oregon, your company website seems to be down for maintenance? how do I get a hold of you guys to get some Tilapia Fingerlings? I am setting up an aquaponics system in my garage.

David Presland

Michael Silberstein said:

Hello Dave,

Sorry to say but I am not Fishy Farms. I am in Canby OR and dont have the permit to sale fish. maybe in a few months I will be in a position to. Until then there is a great guy in Silverton that can. His name is Jim Hozen

NW Tilapia (503) 519-4837

6786 Setness Lane NE 
Jim Hozen Silverton OR 97381

or go here (http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/docs/licensed_operator...) this is the list of leagal fish seller in the state of Oregon. here is the link to the Oregon laws and regulations to fish farming and Tilapia regulations.

Holp this all helps.

Michael

David Presland said:

Hey Michael! I am up in Sisters Oregon, your company website seems to be down for maintenance? how do I get a hold of you guys to get some Tilapia Fingerlings? I am setting up an aquaponics system in my garage.

David Presland

Fishy farms went out of business. 

your down in Rogue river How would you ship them to get to the Portland metro aria safely?

Michael Hasey said:

Sure, We have fry now & fingerlings soon. Nile Tilapia red, white, & Natural Dark. Mix sex. We can likely issue you a permit and ship them to your door.

Thanks,

Michael Hasey

The Farming Fish

michaelhasey@thefarmingfish.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service