Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hey Natalie, I don't know of suppliers in Ontario, as I'm from out West, and know of Tilapia in B.C. and Alberta, not sure how the shipping would work. Have you talked with aquarium shops? Never Know!

Views: 4432

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Eric, Do you have anything left in Edgewater that i could buy? Or do you know where i could buy different components for a basic aquaponic system localy ? thanks brian   www.quantumleaps.ca

ericjf7 said:

Greetings, Having left Edgewater, B.C. and Canada behind in favour of warmer climes, you're welcome to check out my tanks, system etc, pictures on facebook @   Eric Friesen   , guess there is a place to post pictures here, however that could be a whole other learning curve. Thanks, Eric

Eric do you have any suggestions as to where to but Tilapia in BC or Alberta??

Thanking you brian

Lo Bryan, Try phoning Mic Elstrom of Invermere near you, I believe he sold out, but may have a lead for you, Cheers Eric

Brian OLynek said:

Thanking you brian

Other than that, I believe there is a commercial operation near Red Deer, Al.

Brian OLynek said:

Thanking you brian

Lo again Brian, the Par 3 golf course in Edgewater sells totes, I prefer my type of concrete tanks, easy to build, Eric

ericjf7 said:

Lo Bryan, Try phoning Mic Elstrom of Invermere near you, I believe he sold out, but may have a lead for you, Cheers Eric

Brian OLynek said:

Thanking you brian

thanks Eric. I never considered golf courses ,hopefully they are clean.  I tried Mic a month ago  he is pretty much out of it.I'll give him another call though. Niceragua wow ; we have a foster child with world vision there that we wish to visit so maybe we see you there .  Blessings Brian

ericjf7 said:

Lo again Brian, the Par 3 golf course in Edgewater sells totes, I prefer my type of concrete tanks, easy to build, Eric

ericjf7 said:

Brian OLynek said:

Thanking you brian

Hi All, you can go to my site at http://www.vancouveraquaponics.com/tilapia-fingerlings-supplier-in-... and go through the contact form to contact David right here in Vancouver. He is selling tilapia and can help you out.

I have extra Tilapia. Can ship UPS or pick up in Chilliwack.

Ok   any idea what it would cost to send 50 to Golden BC? Male or mixed?

Darrin Charbonneau said:

Any chance you can send some to Ontario?  I've been looking for 6 months now and there are no fry or fingerlings out this way (although there are several farms).  Nothing for small scale.

Thanks,

Jim.

Darrin Charbonneau said:

Hi Jim,

I can relate to the difficulties finding Tilapia fry! It took me months and a cross border shopping trip to get some.

Shipping to Ontario from Chilliwack will be expensive. You might find somebody closer on this site.

How many fry are you looking for?

Darrin

Jim Gordon said:

Any chance you can send some to Ontario?  I've been looking for 6 months now and there are no fry or fingerlings out this way (although there are several farms).  Nothing for small scale.

Thanks,

Jim.

Darrin Charbonneau said:

hi there.  i just talked to my local aquarium store about tilapia fingerlings.  well he said he could not get them because they were a food grade fish. then he talked about the goverment is in charge of that. so i am looking for tilapia in ontario and it is not easy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service