Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I have known for many years the importance of good nutrition, balanced meals, eating your veggies and fruits, etc.

I’ve also taken paraprofessional courses in dietetics and nutrition.  The movie I watched last night SAYS IT ALL!!  

If you have an opportunity to see this movie, don’t hesitate.  Then be sure to DO something out it if you haven’t already!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ijukNzlUg

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forks over Knives - see the movie if you get the chance.

I don't necessarily agree that meat and dairy are really the problem.  I suspect the extremely refined carbs along with the lack of nutrition since people are not eating enough leaves when they are eating mostly refined carbs and they are still hungry because they are not getting the nutrients they need but they are getting fat because they are getting way too many empty calories.

Grow more veggies in your AP system and since you are growing them you will feel more obligated to eat them and be healthier for it.

I agree in general but I also believe that the antibiotics and growth hormones in our industrial meat supply are a problem.  It just depends upon the source of meat.

TCLynx said:

I don't necessarily agree that meat and dairy are really the problem.  I suspect the extremely refined carbs along with the lack of nutrition since people are not eating enough leaves when they are eating mostly refined carbs and they are still hungry because they are not getting the nutrients they need but they are getting fat because they are getting way too many empty calories.

Grow more veggies in your AP system and since you are growing them you will feel more obligated to eat them and be healthier for it.

Too True.  and those antibiotics and hormones are also in the milk.  Oh and if we were to let the meat eat grass and a more natural diet they wouldn't need so much of the antibiotics and hormones and it would be healthier for us to eat to boot.

The movie 'Forks over Knives' gives overwhelming evidence, especially taking into condiseration the China-Cornell-Oxford Project results, which examined the lifestyle, diets, and disease characteristics of 65 rural Chinese county populations.

I was amazed at some of those stats.

TCLynx,

The acedemic lecture on YouTube covers all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCGkprGW_o

And I agree.  I am much more willing to eat smaller amounts of meat and dairy products if I know they were raised the old fashioned way!!

I have seen this movie along with several others including Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and The Gerson Miracle. This information has changed my life and pushes me in a new and exciting direction. I haven't been this excited about life in a long time.

fat, sick and nearly dead is id say one of the best and most powerful documentrys ever madechanged my life and had simple and straight info. the others that are good food related are super size me and food ink! i have yet to make it past the 20min mark on food ink!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service