Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

So It is the slow season for growing in florida. How about planing a one day tour to a few of our sites in Central Florida. We could go to Morningstar, my place and some others in the general central florida area.  Maybe a Caravan.  Up to a few hours at a couple of locations.  Maybe a couple of meals together.  I could accommodate a Dozen or more and a meal here.  Chime in what do you guys think? 

Views: 1092

Replies to This Discussion

We are all set for the "The Central Florida Great Aquaponics Tour" For this saturday starting in Orlando. You can join at any time at any of the locations. Please let us know if you are coming as we are having Lunch at my house and I would like to know about how many folks are coming. We are looking forward to have some great conversations and to see some interesting systems.

Travel itinerary.
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/6-WuUDAGdejn_XId8c

Hobby - TCLynx 9 - 10
Travel (1:15)

Hobby - Cosmo - 11:30 - 1 Lunch
Travel (34mins)
contact phone - 352-201-6605

Commercial - Gina & Tonya - 1:30 - 2:30
Travel (26 mins)

Educational - Morningstar 3 pm to 5 pm
http://www.morningstarfishermen.org/opportunities.html#contact
Total 2.17 Distance 95 miles

WE ARE ON FOR THE 24TH.
I spoke with Hans from Morningstar Fisherman. We are welcome on the 25th. So we will have to stick to the schedule tightly.
Arriving at Morning Star at 3 pm. This will give folks plenty of time to get a tour and for those who want fish to have them ready for transport home. All you need is a cooler with an aeration. They will give you the fish and tank water. Also a good way to get some bacteria.
So lets get a head count. You can meet us on the tour at any of our scheduled stops.

Morning Star Fishermen email
Morning Star Fishermen
33336 Old Saint Joe Road
Dade City, Florida 33525
U.S.A.
Phone/Fax (352)523-2722
Here is a link to the "Event" page for this tour
Event page

And Actually I would say the First Stop (my place) is really more Like Mount Dora than Orlando.
Michael,
There are three if us and we will meet up at second stop.

jon and cat billings said:
There will be four possibly five with me. I’m looking forward it. See you tomorrow, Jon

Michael Cosmo said:
We are all set for the "The Central Florida Great Aquaponics Tour" For this saturday starting in Orlando. You can join at any time at any of the locations. Please let us know if you are coming as we are having Lunch at my house and I would like to know about how many folks are coming. We are looking forward to have some great conversations and to see some interesting systems.

Travel itinerary.
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/6-WuUDAGdejn_XId8c

Hobby - TCLynx 9 - 10
Travel (1:15)

Hobby - Cosmo - 11:30 - 1 Lunch
Travel (34mins)
contact phone - 352-201-6605

Commercial - Gina & Tonya - 1:30 - 2:30
Travel (26 mins)

Educational - Morningstar 3 pm to 5 pm
http://www.morningstarfishermen.org/opportunities.html#contact
Total 2.17 Distance 95 miles

WE ARE ON FOR THE 24TH.
I spoke with Hans from Morningstar Fisherman. We are welcome on the 25th. So we will have to stick to the schedule tightly.
Arriving at Morning Star at 3 pm. This will give folks plenty of time to get a tour and for those who want fish to have them ready for transport home. All you need is a cooler with an aeration. They will give you the fish and tank water. Also a good way to get some bacteria.
So lets get a head count. You can meet us on the tour at any of our scheduled stops.

Morning Star Fishermen email
Morning Star Fishermen
33336 Old Saint Joe Road
Dade City, Florida 33525
U.S.A.
Phone/Fax (352)523-2722
I went to find the "event" page only to find that they seem to drop off the network after the event passes. Hum. I've asked if perhaps events could be archived so that people could see the comments and look up info for future events and such.

We will have to do something like this again sometime. Perhaps it could choose another section of Florida and feature different stops with other systems. I doubt any more than 4 stops are going to be possible unless we get a neighborhood or town that suddenly booms with AP wanting to host tour stops.

As always, contact me, if I'm around, I'm generally happy to show people around. Things are ever changing in my gardens and there will usually be something new to check out. My gardens are often realistically messy. Contrary to popular belief, I'm actually a really lazy gardener. I'm most energetic at testing out system design elements to see what works and what doesn't here in my situation.

Anyway, hope we can make this sort of thing a regular happening.
I just got home and wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who taught me so much. I greatly appreciated seeing all your different setup and now feel more confident as I move to put my first system together this fall.

Victoria.....the one taking so many pics and notes.
It was great meeting everyone and seeing a good variety of approaches. It gave me some definite ideas and a better understanding of what can be done with aquaponics.

Now I just need to find some money to do some of it. sigh.
Well we had a great turnout. 13 folks for most of the tour. Everyone helped out with getting lunch on the table. I really appreciated everyone for the great time we had.
Thanks again. Post your photos of the event please.
I created an Album of the event.
For those that went, take a look at the group photo Michael posted and tell him which one you are. We can add names to the caption and give the community a face to put with your name.
Damn... I just missed the tour :( Oh well, maybe next time.

Have any of you ever checked out Green Sky Growers in Winter Garden, FL? Its rooftop aquapoinics... totally amazing. Its 10$ for a tour on saturday.

I have a couple articles on my blog if you want to check them out:
http://hydroponicoutdoorgreenhouse.blogspot.com/2010/08/green-sky-g...
http://hydroponicoutdoorgreenhouse.blogspot.com/2010/07/green-sky-g...

Im just getting into aquaponics, currently I am using hydroponics and experimenting with worms & hydroponics. Im beyond broke, so its going to be a while before I can get any funds to spend on a aquaponic project. But until then I have plenty of research and stuff to learn :)

Today is the first day I really spent looking at this website, and I love it! All of you have amazing systems! If anyone wants to plan to take me on a tour of their setup, ill go with you to the green sky growers tour :) ....lol

Thanks!
That Green Sky Growers thing sounds interesting. And you just let me know, if I'm around, I'm generally happy to show off.

Florida Hydroponics said:
Damn... I just missed the tour :( Oh well, maybe next time.

Have any of you ever checked out Green Sky Growers in Winter Garden, FL? Its rooftop aquapoinics... totally amazing. Its 10$ for a tour on saturday.

I have a couple articles on my blog if you want to check them out:
http://hydroponicoutdoorgreenhouse.blogspot.com/2010/08/green-sky-g...
http://hydroponicoutdoorgreenhouse.blogspot.com/2010/07/green-sky-g...

Im just getting into aquaponics, currently I am using hydroponics and experimenting with worms & hydroponics. Im beyond broke, so its going to be a while before I can get any funds to spend on a aquaponic project. But until then I have plenty of research and stuff to learn :)

Today is the first day I really spent looking at this website, and I love it! All of you have amazing systems! If anyone wants to plan to take me on a tour of their setup, ill go with you to the green sky growers tour :) ....lol

Thanks!
shoot... I would love to have been a part of that. We live in downtown orlando and just set our system up after visiting morningstar. It would be really cool to see what others are up to around us.

Well, Many of us are happy to show people around when we can Robert so check out the member map and ask to come for a visit.

And there will be another chance for group tours coming up in September as the Aquaponics Conference will have tours around several aquaponics systems again.  Here is the link to the conference web site featured farms tour page

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service