Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

So It is the slow season for growing in florida. How about planing a one day tour to a few of our sites in Central Florida. We could go to Morningstar, my place and some others in the general central florida area.  Maybe a Caravan.  Up to a few hours at a couple of locations.  Maybe a couple of meals together.  I could accommodate a Dozen or more and a meal here.  Chime in what do you guys think? 

Views: 1092

Replies to This Discussion

I'm willing to show my systems but the house doesn't seat many so if we wanted to eat here it would be outdoors or perhaps over at the park across from me.
That sounds really good to me. We could travel with some folding chairs so we could have round circle discussions at the places. Have you been to anywhere else in our greater area that would benefit everyone. I could make arrangements at Morningstar.
sounds good... i have been wanting to go to morning star
I'm in. While I'm only a few miles from Michael's house, my system isn't worth the sidetrip yet.
Only other local Aquaponics I've really visited besides Morning Star (when I got my tilapia way back when) was Mark's and he has sold off most his stuff as his life is busy with other things currently.)

I do know of a few people into Aquaponics in the greater Orlando area who are not active on this site.

Biggest trick I expect will be scheduling. My schedule is often pretty open but then I get last minute jobs and poof, I'm gone.
We could make Morningstar the final stop so those who may want to take home some fingerlings and or stay longer than our agreed time may do so. Or we could go out to dinner together at the end.
Gina an Tonya will have their Commercial Farm going in a few weeks. Maybe it could be
TCLynx in the Morning
My place for Lunch
A stop at Gina and Tonya in Brooksville
then off to Morningstar in the late afternoon.
I can only estimate travel time to Tonya's and then to Morningstars.
TCLynx my address is 3941 S. Pleasant Grove Rd. Inverness 34452 - Do a map quest to my place and I will do a possible Rally map.
To map my place use
7201 Scott Ave, Mount Dora, FL 32757
When people come to visit I generally give more detailed instructions of how to find the place (which roads to enter the neighborhood on to avoid sand pits and things) but I need to know from which direction they are coming to know which way I should direct them but this should help with time scheduling.

Having the last stop be Morningstar does make sense if people are going to want to get fish (though I'm still not all that big a supporter of growing tilapia anymore.) They do make a pretty good first fish choices since they are tough and tend to survive cycling up a system pretty good.

Michael Cosmo said:
Gina an Tonya will have their Commercial Farm going in a few weeks. Maybe it could be
TCLynx in the Morning
My place for Lunch
A stop at Gina and Tonya in Brooksville
then off to Morningstar in the late afternoon.
I can only estimate travel time to Tonya's and then to Morningstars.
TCLynx my address is 3941 S. Pleasant Grove Rd. Inverness 34452 - Do a map quest to my place and I will do a possible Rally map.
I'm off work for the summer so scheduling isn't a big deal, however I'll be out of state from July 7-19.
Possible Travel itinerary.
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/6-WuUDAGdejn_XId8c

TCLynx 9 - 10
Travel (1:15)

Cosmo - 11:30 - 1 Luch
Travel (34mins)

Possibly Gina & Tonya (I haven't asked yet) - 1:30 - 2:30
Travel (26 mins)

Morningstar 3 pm to 5 pm
http://www.morningstarfishermen.org/opportunities.html#contact
Total 2.17 Distance 95 miles
Lets try this format for setting a Date
Block out dates
Possible dates ( weekends most likely)
Just copy the below then add yours and post - the last posting will always have the total

"
Block out dates
Cosmo None
Ron July 7-19

Possible Dates
July 24th or 25th
As things are right now, July 24th/25th could work for me but the Cook (my other half) wouldn't be on hand that weekend but I can still show off and if this is the first stop, no one would really be expecting John to be cooking up any treats I guess.

Michael Cosmo said:
Lets try this format for setting a Date
Block out dates
Possible dates ( weekends most likely)
Just copy the below then add yours and post - the last posting will always have the total

"
Block out dates
Cosmo None
Ron July 7-19

Possible Dates
July 24th or 25th

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service