Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Who make the best pumps? What I'm looking for is the brands and of pumps that people are loyal too or wish they would of found sooner. I believe that I will probably go with four times what is asked by my system. This will make the pump last longer and give room for expansion. The dime is not in question here. It about the life of the pump how well it preforms noise, vibration, as well as gph for the price, length of life. Inline or sump? I will need all of the knowledge of the masters of AP. 

Views: 553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've always wondered why you never hear of people using hydronic pumps used in radiant floor heating. Even the least expensive one that I've seen in hardware stores by Grundfos boasts a 15' head height and a maximum of 930 gallons per hour (obviously at 0 head). But still, at $88, that's cheaper than any pond/fountain pump I've ever seen of equal specs. Has anybody here ever tried one?

Yeah, I used a "taco pump" another brand of hydronic pumps, to feed a fountain. and it was a nice very quiet, performer for a while. But they are really designed to move clean hot water in a continuous closed pipe loop sending heat through the radiators in the floor or baseboard system and directly back through the heater/boiler and pump.. Aquaponics and pond water carries too many solids that quickly deteriorate  the performance of such pumps.

Max Gfx said:

I've always wondered why you never hear of people using hydronic pumps used in radiant floor heating. Even the least expensive one that I've seen in hardware stores by Grundfos boasts a 15' head height and a maximum of 930 gallons per hour (obviously at 0 head). But still, at $88, that's cheaper than any pond/fountain pump I've ever seen of equal specs. Has anybody here ever tried one?

Well, that answers that question. I was just hoping, since they're so commonplace locally no matter where you live and their fittings are pretty much universal. I've lost a pump a couple times and had to re-do my plumbing both times when I got a new one because nobody in town had my exact pump in stock.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service