Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

We're now to a size where we are attractive to these spam bots that want to place links in here.  In order to block them I have a captcha in place in the application process, and I read every application (and reject about half of them) but I'm thinking we can do more.  Someone has suggested to me that we should put a logic question in the application process, like "what is one and one?".  But we might as well have some fun with this, right?  So I was thinking of "how do fish move through the water?"  But does anyone have any better ideas?

Views: 1061

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvia,

What a problem! and you have to read through each one for approval......wow! I don;t have a better suggestion but please do what you have to do.

I like that logic question

I use Mollom.com on all my sites, and it works great.  I don't know if it's available for the software you're using here... Ning, is it?  Maybe Ning has its own spam blocking options?

They do, and I"m using them all.  I don't mind reading through all the apps - I've been doing that for three years now - but the sneaky bastards are still getting past me.  Do you guys have any creative suggestions for a logic question?  We might as well keep it fun!

Hmm...logic question...How 'bout..."What is the air speed velocity of a coconut laden Swallow"?

Every 'real' human being knows that one...

We could just ask people to bring us a shrubbery...

Vlad Jovanovic said:

Hmm...logic question...How 'bout..."What is the air speed velocity of a coconut laden Swallow"?

ok  I got it

state the history of fishmas  lol

How about "In your own words, explain aquaponics"? Seems to me that anyone who would want to join this site would have a vague idea of what it is.

Personally, I take offense that you should ask such a question and feel I need to report you to the moderators of this site...

Bob Terrell said:

ok  I got it

state the history of fishmas  lol

I would welcome some protection...I just signed up and received a sex solicitation.  I hear that I am irresistible, but I just want to grow and play with my food!  How about a question about pH...how many times more acidic is a pH of 6 than a pH of 7?  Too hard probably, but the answer can be easily found and it gives a small amount about chemistry, which is important to understand in the quest for aquaponic success!

African or European?

Vlad Jovanovic said:

Can you hide their first post until it's determined to be legitimate?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service