Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I have a bag of dry seaweed that came with our order from theaquaponicsource.com.  I understand that it is good for our plants however, I am not sure of how to apply it.  Any suggestions?

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can add some of it right into your system water if it's water soluble (which, if it came from The Aquaponic Source, I'm guessing it is). Seaweed and kelp products are great for adding essential nutrients to your system, potassium in particular, as well as a myriad of other non-essential-but-equally-beneficial nutrients.

Thank you very much!  My system is a f&d system.  Can I just sprinkle it around the plants in the gb?

Alex Veidel said:

You can add some of it right into your system water if it's water soluble (which, if it came from The Aquaponic Source, I'm guessing it is). Seaweed and kelp products are great for adding essential nutrients to your system, potassium in particular, as well as a myriad of other non-essential-but-equally-beneficial nutrients.

It will probably do you more good added directly to your system water, since you might get poor water contact by sprinkling it around your plants. It has to mix with water in order for it to be effective. You can also make foliar spray out of it and apply it to your plant leaves.

I received the bag that came with the large system testing kit.  How much of that bag do I add?  If you were to put it into a sandwich baggie it would be two fingers deep.

Alex Veidel said:

It will probably do you more good added directly to your system water, since you might get poor water contact by sprinkling it around your plants. It has to mix with water in order for it to be effective. You can also make foliar spray out of it and apply it to your plant leaves.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service