Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

sa 5-11-26 hydroponic special fertilizer, anyone using it, if so how did it work?

I am going to try it, just wanted to know if anyone has tried it.

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

??
Not sure why you would use it in aquaponics. Fertilizer is salt pure and simple. I would pull some fish out so you dont kill them all. Just to be sure.

Is this for hydroponics?  Or are you doing Aquaponics?

Don't use hydroponic fertilizer in an aquaponic system with fish unless you are prepared to kill your fish since this hasn't been tested or proved safe.

I used to bump my nutrients up with the smallest pinch of 10-10-10 in a 55 gallon(water) system and the fish never cared.  The plants however loved the extra juice.  That being said I did this at the begining of the grow season when my fish biomass was low. 

I must emphasize the smallest pinch my hand could muster. 

Here's the MSDS... http://www.southernag.com/docs/labels_msds/msds-hydro.pdf

But why use artifical chemical mixes to produce your veges... and possibly kill your fish...

When you can grow the same veges... for about a 1/100th of the cost... by feeding, and ultimately eating... your fish...

TCLynx said:

Is this for hydroponics?  Or are you doing Aquaponics?

Don't use hydroponic fertilizer in an aquaponic system with fish unless you are prepared to kill your fish since this hasn't been tested or proved safe.

This is for hydroponics, I am using hydroponics outside for my tomatoes, aquaponics for everything inside. The question is for the hydroponics part.

In that case it will do the job just fine... most hydro nutrient mixes are pretty similar... some just have separate mixes for differing stages of growth

Randy Moss said:

This is for hydroponics, I am using hydroponics outside for my tomatoes, aquaponics for everything inside. The question is for the hydroponics part.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service