Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hi Everyone! We're Expanding! We are pleased to announce that we have just received the necessary permits to build a new greenhouse. This 1200 square foot, state-of-the-art building will utilize some of our latest technology to enhance the building’s energy conservation, as well as monitor and control an aquaponics growing system. The greenhouse will be used for our research and development, and it will become the focal point of the farm as a visitor center. Construction is scheduled to start this spring and we are eagerly waiting for the ground to thaw.

This video is the first part of a series I'll produce over the next year or so. I hope you enjoy the adventure!

Views: 5211

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I have always like to build things..........  I'm sure my father must have helped with this complex structure!

Made a lot of progress on the inside over the cold winter months.....

Wow - that's impressive!

Moving on to installing the AP system!

Woo hoo - no leaks! Must admit, I'd be a bit freaked about drilling a hole in a "perfectly sound" tank. Awesome video showing "how it's done."

No leaks???  You may want to watch this one.....

Meh - that's a pretty slow drip. I'm thinking any impurities in your water will crust over the leak pretty soon and stop it. But the "fixing the leak" video is not to be missed in any event.

Finishing up the 2 vents along the peak of the dome. 

Awesome - how do you open these?

For now, I just prop a stick into them.  I purchased some really nice linear actuators that will run off of one of my timing controllers with the temperature sensor.  ;-)

"I purchased some really nice linear actuators that will run off of one of my timing controllers with the temperature sensor."

Oh, I love.

The 12th and final video about the construction process!  Next up, the AP System!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service