Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I am building a house and wanting to do rain water collection to help fill an aquaponics tank, garden water, ect.

I was looking at metal roofing but not sure what I need that won't kill the fish. I can't find any info on this.

Any one have such info?

Thanks

Views: 1532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Bob, sorry if I was out of order.

I did answer your message and I actually was not sure what you meant as we were already friends but now I get it. I think messages and notifications don't always get thru. In fact I know they don't. I have been told so by others. And no I have NO skin in this game. None whatsoever. I just like helping others. I do get a bit offended when told something I have been doing and studying for 20 years gets slammed I'm afraid. I have no patience sometimes.

Again I apologize and I the utmost respect for your posts. I have not been here to this thread since.

I have started putting CS in my system and so far not a single loss of fish since. I was loosing at least one a week previously. It might be a placebo effect but I swear the Trout are feistier than ever

J
Bob Campbell said:

@Jim - I'm willing to forgive the way you attacked me, and have tried to contact you privately twice.. I'm wondering if you have missed the friend request, or did you in fact have some "skin in this game".

Jim Fisk said:

Wow, Bob, I just reread your comment and for someone who made it and sold it you should know more than I do but your facts are all screwed up. Sorry. Go back and read more case studies. Even the Egyptians knew better than that.

And NO it is not that easy to make if you are after the perfect colloid stable balance. That is why I gave up making my own but I do keep my gen ready to go just in case this world collapses. Poor cs is better than no cs. You do seem to be up on all the partial facts about cs that big pharma wants you to know and spread around. I forgive you. Peace. I have no skin in this game.

OOPS I did not ans one Q: I take a sip, rinse my teeth, and swallow it every night and wake up with no morning breath. Another obvious benefit that is easy to verify.

Then it's all good.  I think it's an interesting experiment you are doing and feel it would deserve opening a new discussion about colloidal silver.  If you agree please post a message here with a link to the discussion.

Jim Fisk said:

I did answer your message and I actually was not sure what you meant as we were already friends but now I get it. I think messages and notifications don't always get thru. In fact I know they don't. I have been told so by others. And no I have NO skin in this game. None whatsoever. I just like helping others. I do get a bit offended when told something I have been doing and studying for 20 years gets slammed I'm afraid. I have no patience sometimes.

Again I apologize and I the utmost respect for your posts. I have not been here to this thread since.

I have started putting CS in my system and so far not a single loss of fish since. I was loosing at least one a week previously. It might be a placebo effect but I swear the Trout are feistier than ever

J

Bob, we moved the CS discussion over here:

http://community.theaquaponicsource.com/group/threadjackers/forum/t...

Come on over :'-)

Bob Campbell said:

Then it's all good.  I think it's an interesting experiment you are doing and feel it would deserve opening a new discussion about colloidal silver.  If you agree please post a message here with a link to the discussion.

Jim Fisk said:

J

Devoid

Are you setting up in a greenhouse, existing bldg or open air?

If gh then I'd use acrylic gh roofing and gutter that.

Water collection is pretty easy if you have rain and a suitable roof material.  The challenge starts at storage of large amounts of  water in a container you can drink from (then testing and managing that stored water).

jim

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service